surfer

Rice Grains And Popcorn

Rate this topic

hello folks,

i wanted to ask a question about grains....Yesterday i ate white rice for lunch, then at dinner had some brown rice and felt ok...then at nite i went to the movies and had a small bag of popcorn...The next day i had pains in my lower intestines for about 7 hours until i took some emzemes..... Am i having trouble digesting grains? was the popcorn the problem?

please give me some answers,

thank you

I'm pretty confident that the only God could possibly know what's in movie theater popcorn. :lol: Maybe it has something weird in it at your theater? Maybe cc? Maybe it was just the pound of greasy butter? I intend to have a discussion with the management at my favorite theater in the next week or two and explain that if they don't like me bringing a bag of home popped popcorn I can see movies somewhere else.

(Oh, and as a disclaimer this is all new to me so I'm extremely overly paranoid.)

My guess would be the popcorn. Did you have anything on it like the 'butter'? I don't know about all theaters but my local one the popcorn is safe but I usually get it plain.

It could also have been something else you ate in the last day or two and not have anything to do with either the rices or the popcorn. It can be very hard to figure out what 'got' us sometimes or even if it is gluten or something else. It took me almost 5 years to figure out that soy was an issue for me. Kept thinking I was getting CC'd alot when in reality it was the soy that was getting me.

Movie popcorn butter has always made me feel weird. I hate the taste of it, but my boyfriend loves it, and he's the one who buys popcorn. I'm also pretty sensitive to MSG, so maybe that's what's in it.

I've gotten sensitive to corn since going gluten free. Makes means sick as getting glutened by wheat. It has to do with the whole leaky gut thing. I had to give up doritos *sniff* I bet pop orn is your culprit simply because it's corn and a lot of celiacs are sensitive to it.