JWSJ

Gluten And Dairy Free Kid's Meals?

Rate this topic

Are there any restaurants that have gluten and dairy free kid's meals?

We've only had luck with Jason's Deli and Moe's.

(My kids are tired of eating there when we're out.)

JWSJ

Are there any restaurants that have gluten and dairy free kid's meals?

We've only had luck with Jason's Deli and Moe's.

(My kids are tired of eating there when we're out.)

JWSJ

I eat gluten-free and CF. I can get meals at Chili's and several other restaurants. It may not be a "kid's meal" but you should be able to find kid friendly fare. My son and I get bunless burger patties, applesauce is sometimes available or canned mandarin oranges, you could bring along a small container of "butter" like Earthbalance spread in a baby tupperware type container and use it on a baked potato, steamed broccoli is always an option. Most places you may end up with a meat and a veg. and not so much carb. Not "fun" but it is a healthy meal. Baked sweet potatoes are often available too. That's what I get at Outback. Chili's coleslaw has been lsited on their dairy-free options page. I've had it and been ok. Many places have corn too. If a carb is not available maybe let the kids have one of those gastly colored slushy beverages instead as a special treat.

I eat gluten-free and CF. I can get meals at Chili's and several other restaurants. It may not be a "kid's meal" but you should be able to find kid friendly fare. My son and I get bunless burger patties, applesauce is sometimes available or canned mandarin oranges, you could bring along a small container of "butter" like Earthbalance spread in a baby tupperware type container and use it on a baked potato, steamed broccoli is always an option. Most places you may end up with a meat and a veg. and not so much carb. Not "fun" but it is a healthy meal. Baked sweet potatoes are often available too. That's what I get at Outback. Chili's coleslaw has been lsited on their dairy-free options page. I've had it and been ok. Many places have corn too. If a carb is not available maybe let the kids have one of those gastly colored slushy beverages instead as a special treat.

PF Changs also has a number of gluten-free menu items that have no dairy or gluten. My son gets the fried rice often and I get the snow peas and shrimp in moogoo gai pan sauce-that one is very mildly flavored and you can change up the veg if you kiddo doesn't like the one that comes with it. I have some veg allergies so I substitute. Yes, you do pay more for the adult menu items but you do get bigger portions and can share or take home and use again for school lunch etc.

BD's Mongolian Grill is also very kid friendly and no dairy. It is stir-fry with rice. You choose the veg. meat and sauce and you pay kids prices for the kids.