GFathlete

So Gassy And Gurgly Even Though Gluten-Free!

Rate this topic

Hi,

I have been on a strict Gluten free diet for about 10 weeks now and overall feel so much healthier and better! (YAY!)

The only thing I have noticed in the past few weeks, is the terrible gurggling and gas(worse when I lie down or sit) I have been avoiding dairy and also got a food allergy test which showed no reaction to anything else (corn, eggs, etc)

Could this just be my body trying to remember how to digest normally? Anyone else had this problem? If so, did it go away?

What are you typically eating? You may have an additional intolerance showing up and those won't be found with allergy testing. It may also be that you are just still healing or depending on what, where and how prepared your food is you may be getting a bit of CC.

I seem to have the same problem...i have been gluten-free for 8 months and have cut out basically everything ...the past week or so I have noticed being very gassy especially when I lie down...i am almost 100% sure it isn't a food intolerance so maybe it is the gut healing?

Here's hoping bbdaily!! I really can't find any other things that would be causing this.

Cross contamination is not an issue and I have cut out dairy.

It seems to get worse as the day goes on too...

I have noticed a similar condition as I continue the GFCFSF journey. I am hopeful that it is an indicator of some form of gut healing happening. Could the daily probiotic I have been taking finally be gaining a foothold and killing off some bad bugs?. I probably need to start a daily food journal to get to the bottom of it (pun intended)...

im having exact issues even after having strict gluten free diet.

im really going crazy because im stuck in bed most of the week when i get some other food allergy happening.

i know its something im eating but its too difficult to figure out.

im doing a strict diet of no soy and no gluten.

what else am i going to look out for?

when i have this other problem happening, its not like the gluten sickness.

its minor compared to my violent reaction my body has to gluten.

this is a dull pain in my abdomen and my insides gurgle for hours on end and i have some very severe gas.

i have no energy and am in bed for days on end.

i have to stop eating completely and i will get back to normal.

im about at wits end with all this....ive been diagnosed celiac for about 6 months now.

it was getting so bad for years and i couldnt figure it out.....UUUUHHHGGG!

The only thing I have noticed in the past few weeks, is the terrible gurggling and gas(worse when I lie down or sit) I have been avoiding dairy and also got a food allergy test which showed no reaction to anything else (corn, eggs, etc)

I also had a lot of what I affectionately called my "gut gurgle" until I started taking a probiotic. As long as I take it I am fine -- if I forget (like I did last night!) the gurgle and gas comes right back and takes a few days to settle down. Sigh.

I take Nature's Bounty Acidophilus with Bifidum -- it is a chewable with a decent taste (strawberry flavor).