Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaKip

Does Anyone Have Some Really Inexpensive Lunch Or Meal Ideas?

If you like grapefruit, it is easy to brulee it for a tasty finish to lunch. Just slice in half, sprinkle with raw brown sugar, and stick it under the broiler. The flavour of the fruit intensifies, too.

I take about 4 oz. ground beef, maybe 1/2 cup of chopped or sliced cabbage and some onion and sautee in a fry pan. Towards the end, add garlic of desired, salt and pepper and oregano or thyme. At the very end, I add in about 3/4 c. leftover rice. I leave in plenty of the fat from the beef and that helps keep the rice from sticking. If you want a little color, add thin sliced or small diced carrots with the cabbage.

You can also pan fry potatoes with sliced hot dogs and green beans. Parboil the potatoes and dice beforehand. Blanch green beans or use frozen.

I take about 4 oz. ground beef, maybe 1/2 cup of chopped or sliced cabbage and some onion and sautee in a fry pan. Towards the end, add garlic of desired, salt and pepper and oregano or thyme. At the very end, I add in about 3/4 c. leftover rice. I leave in plenty of the fat from the beef and that helps keep the rice from sticking. If you want a little color, add thin sliced or small diced carrots with the cabbage.

I also do this with any type of ground meat, pork ,beef or turkey ( my personal fave is ground lamb but that is expensive )

I also add shredded carrots and peas but leave out the herbs.

This is actually one of my favorite meals.