kaity

I Am So Worried

Rate this topic

hi everyone, my son just turned three last friday and he has been on gluten free diet for 9 days, he has diarrhea his whole life, i was just wondering how long till his stool becomes like how it should be???

The period of time varies with each person, but I'm hoping that your son's youth will hurry the process along. For me, it took 18 months for the diarrhea to completely cease. It got better little by little, but the stool was still soft. However, after being prescribed Metagenics UltraClear Sustain Medical Food (which is a powdered product that can be added to smoothies) and Probiotic Pearls, my stool returned to normal after only a couple of weeks.

The period of time varies with each person, but I'm hoping that your son's youth will hurry the process along. For me, it took 18 months for the diarrhea to completely cease. It got better little by little, but the stool was still soft. However, after being prescribed Metagenics UltraClear Sustain Medical Food (which is a powdered product that can be added to smoothies) and Probiotic Pearls, my stool returned to normal after only a couple of weeks.

thank you so much for your reply, i wantede to get him custom probiotics but i was afraid to, but now since you said that they helped you i am sure that they are going to help him, i am going to give them a try

hi everyone, my son just turned three last friday and he has been on gluten free diet for 9 days, he has diarrhea his whole life, i was just wondering how long till his stool becomes like how it should be???

sorry, kaity, i dont understand. is your son with confirmed celiac disease? did you change his diet with medical supervision?