• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

filititi

Anyone Want To Share Good Gf Recipes?

Rate this topic

Hi Jo Ann - try my Challah (egg bread) recipe - it's soft and great for sandwiches. It uses rice flour, almond meal, tapioca and cornstarch. Look for it in the Kosher and gluten-free section of this recipe forum.

Hi All

I do have the B. Hagman book. Sounds like it'll make good rolls. Husband is new to celiac disease and is afraid to try pure oats this soon. Maybe as he feels better.

I'll look for Sara's receipe too on other post. I'm still searching for corn bran that's gluten-free.

I make him a cornbread that uses all gluten-free: corn meal, corn flour (which is the key to it), tapoica starch, xanthan gum, sugar, salt, oil, egg, milk and some ground flaxseed. Let me know if anyone wants proportions. Must be baked 325 degrees for about 50 minutes, however, I found this gave the best results.

Sure thing!

Use 8" round pan...haven't tried any other size or shape. I had a problem at first as the batter was too "wet" and it sunk after I removed it from the oven (like a souffle!) . I had to reduce the wet ingredients a little at a time & reduce oven temp and increase baking time to get the proper consistency.

Grease and corn flour pan

You'll need:

1 large wire wisk, spatula with butter knife

2 large bowls

Fork

various measuring spoons/measuring cup

:)

2 eggs, beaten lightly with fork

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar

3/4 cup corn flour (purchased thru Celiac.com gluten-free Mall)

1/2 cup corn meal

1/2 cup tapoica starch (EnerG Brand)

1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum

1 heaping tablespoon of baking powder

1/4 Cup Flaxseed(Optional /Or more or less depending on your taste)

3 tablespoons corn oil

1 cup whole milk

Mix all dry ingredients separately in large bowl. In separate large bowl mix liquid ingredients. Add liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients in small amounts, blending well with wisk after each addition. The batter gets very stiff and this is OK. You'll need the rubber spatula to scape the batter from the sides of the bowl occasionally and the butter knife can be used to scrape off the wisk and spatula.

When all wet & dry are combined turn the batter into the 8" pan. Bake low oven temp @ 325 degrees for about 52 minutes or so.

I usually cheat by putting the dry ingredients in a large gallon size zip lock plastic bag. When all dry are in, I zip it closed all the way, and then mush the bag up to mix the dry ingredients up. I then use a scissors and snip off the corner of the bag and as I stir the wet ingredients, I let the flour mixuture pour slowly from the open corner of the bag. This way I only have to use one bowl.

I once poured the liquid ingredients into the dry IN the plastic bag and zipped it and combined it up in the bag. Then I snipped the corner off and squeezed it into the 8" pan like a pastry bag.

I made this receipe up because my husband needed something to have with his lunch.

If you don't want the flaxseed then there's no need to add it.

Much luck with the receipe. :D

Debbie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 22, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.