MitziG

Need A Gluten Free Children's Iron Tablet

Rate this topic

My 8 year old is on iron supplements, I have been giving him flintstones but they can't verify if all of their source products are gluten free, so they are not ideal. He was on a liquid supplement for awhile, but it was discoloring his teeth, so I switched to the chewables. I am not having any luck finding something besides flintstones, and since he still gets pretty frequent tummy aches, I am not so sure that the vitamins are not the problem. He won't eat meat and fights blackstrap molasses. He is still anemic, so he needs a serious supplement. Any suggestions?

My 5 year old daughter takes Animal Parade Gold Children's Multivitamins. They are certified gluten free. They are a complete multivitamin/mineral (including iron) as well as probiotic and digestive enzymes. She really likes the taste, which I consider to be very close to Flintstones.

My 5 year old daughter takes Animal Parade Gold Children's Multivitamins. They are certified gluten free. They are a complete multivitamin/mineral (including iron) as well as probiotic and digestive enzymes. She really likes the taste, which I consider to be very close to Flintstones.

Thank you- where do you find these? I have not seen this brand in WalMart or Target, which is the limit to stores in our area.

Teach him to swallow?

I finally got my son (9) to start swallowing D3 (they are small gelcaps). I don't know of a small iron pill, though.

Country Life is gluten-free, if you want to try the swallow route. So is Solgar.

I did start getting nasty tasting vitamins that he didn't like the taste of (even kiddie version) in a daily fruit smoothie. I make a blender- full every 5 days - frozen fruit, apple juice - and add all the nasties. Freeze it in 8 oz. containers, thaw one out per day.

We are both happier.

I add fish oil (Barleans swirl), b's, probiotic, digestive enzyme, vitamin C. He also takes a chewable multi and d3 pills daily.