1 1
Cashe2

Reaction To Sunflower Oil?

Rate this topic

I am currently soy, gluten and diary free (except I still have butter). I have been keeping a food journal and it seems that shortly after eating something with sunflower oil or sunflower lecthin in it I get a bit crampy and get an upset stomach.

Anyone else?

I am currently soy, gluten and diary free (except I still have butter). I have been keeping a food journal and it seems that shortly after eating something with sunflower oil or sunflower lecthin in it I get a bit crampy and get an upset stomach.

Anyone else?

You are not alone. I recently dropped sunflower after suspected reactions to a salad dressing with the oil in it and Earthbalance spread which has the lecitin. I felt much better! I'm pretty confident thst it was the sunflower because I have SO many allergies and eat VERY simple foods, with no ingrediemts lists or very short ones. In time, I will try to reintroduce the Earthbalance and see how it goes. I miss it! and SO many things contain the oil! The vast majority of my food allergens give me GI symptoms. I see hard wired for them.

Interesting! I'll have to keep an eye on symtoms when I try to reintroduce it, but I am wondering how much gluten would be left by the time it ends up as oil or lecitin. Seeds, you'd think they'd wash and that'd remove a lot. Hmmm. Most of my symptoms with foods have been allergy symtoms and different from glutening but I don't remember clearly enough about the sunflower. I'lll take note. Thanks.

I have the same problem.  Have neurogical problems by using sunflower-,  rapeseed-, corn-, soy- and canola oil. Only coconut oil and some brands of olive oil ate save.  Also a severe reaction by sugar,  cane and beet sugar.

Did anybody thinks about the relation with glyphosate? All those things we are reacting on are 'round up ready'.  Save food is growing in trees. Could it be that we are victims of Monsantos glyphosate?