Kryptonite!

Trace Blood In Urine And Protein

Rate this topic

hi to all,

need some advice on this,i have celiac and have had it for 4 years,i am now 46 years old .follow gluten free strict.over the past 6 months have noticed bubbles in the urine.went for urine test and blood work this past sept of 2011. CBC was great and CMP was great to also URINE was fine also. ok so few months have passed went back for a recheck on jan4 2012. CMP test was fine nothing was flagged.CBC was fine also. URINE came back with trace of blood and a protein count of 300 if i heard right. now they are checking the protein vs creatine in the urine. if i had to guess on this it could be CKD. i guess my question is has anyone here have or has had this type of symptoms after being gluten free.

thanks for input

Kryptonite

I have seen that also. In my case it is because of some kidney damage from being undiagnosed for so long. That may not be the case for you. Do follow up with your doctor about it.

I have seen that also. In my case it is because of some kidney damage from being undiagnosed for so long. That may not be the case for you. Do follow up with your doctor about it.

thank you for the post,i am just waiting for the protein vs creatine ratio. i did read how chronic kidney deasease could come on because of celic.even though you stay gluten free does not mean something else could arise.is it also true that adults do not fully heal once they go gluten free.i still have issues that i had before i was diagnosd with celiac.but this issue is new.

thanks kryptonite