Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1974girl

Dr. Oz Today Is gluten-free Stuff

ok I stand corrected however it is a fun rumor to spread lol B):unsure:

Corrected, yes. But NO, NO, NO....it is NOT fun to spread false rumors, inaccurate information or ongoing false myths. WHY would you want to do that.

Many people here are struggling to be healthy. Your humor is very misplaced.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Lisa you say it's a myth, but I too believe envelope glue has gluten. I will surely stand corrected if you can tell me how you know for sure or point me to the proof that debunks the myth. B)

If you have a confirmed source of an envelope manufacturer who uses gluten in the adhesive, please, please, share it with us. In almost twelve years on the diet I have yet to find a single one. A negative cannot be scientifically proven--I invite you to offer positive proof of gluten.

I have made this offer before, many times. I am still waiting for the first proven case of gluten in adhesive. Until I find that example, like Lisa and others, I call it a myth. The burden of proof is in your hands. Show us a verifiable case where the adhesive contains gluten, and I will change my mind.

In the mean time, if you feel better using an alternative moisture source--for whatever reason--do so.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

If you have a confirmed source of an envelope manufacturer who uses gluten in the adhesive, please, please, share it with us. In almost twelve years on the diet I have yet to find a single one. A negative cannot be scientifically proven--I invite you to offer positive proof of gluten.

I have made this offer before, many times. I am still waiting for the first proven case of gluten in adhesive. Until I find that example, like Lisa and others, I call it a myth. The burden of proof is in your hands. Show us a verifiable case where the adhesive contains gluten, and I will change my mind.

In the mean time, if you feel better using an alternative moisture source--for whatever reason--do so.

It's more important to regain the original topic. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Frankly, I find most of those TV shows which "touch" upon a subject and nibble a little bit around the edges, but never get to the core, very frustrating to watch, and I do not do so. I have no wish to grind my teeth while watching something that has been all dumbed down and distorted for "general" viewing and entertainment rather than the dissemination of accurate information. There now, doesn't that sound really stuffy and snooty?? :lol: No, I did not and will not watch Dr. Oz's show. :D

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I'm stuck watching the cartoon chanel and never get to see shows like this. :lol:

As far as the envelopes are concerned, there are envelopes that you peel off the paper and stick. No licking required... :P

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Frankly, I find most of those TV shows which "touch" upon a subject and nibble a little bit around the edges, but never get to the core, very frustrating to watch, and I do not do so. I have no wish to grind my teeth while watching something that has been all dumbed down and distorted for "general" viewing and entertainment rather than the dissemination of accurate information. There now, doesn't that sound really stuffy and snooty?? :lol: No, I did not and will not watch Dr. Oz's show. :D

No, it doesn't sound snooty! It sounds about right.

And I agree.

I feel very much the same way about other issues, such as recycling. The issue is covered so superficially, and we never get beyond the beginner's level to move on to the real heart of the matter.

I agree 100%!

Diagnosed with Celiac in 2010. Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2018.

Amen, sister!....then, I guess I am stuffy and snooty, too. :lol:

(As for Mrs. Hasselbeck, where do I start? oh hell, never mind... :rolleyes: )

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

As far as the envelopes are concerned, there are envelopes that you peel off the paper and stick. No licking required... :P

Envelopes?? Those paper thingies from the dark ages??? Had no idea they were still around..... :P

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Envelopes?? Those paper thingies from the dark ages??? Had no idea they were still around..... :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yeah, they still do make them. :lol: I found myself scrounging around the house just to find one the other day. I use them so infrequent now.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Yeah, they still do make them. :lol: I found myself scrounging around the house just to find one the other day. I use them so infrequent now.

You folks have got to start supporting the post office or we won't have any reason to have letterboxes :ph34r: And then grannies won't get any 'thank you' letters :o And what would teenagers start bashing with their baseball bats then???

:lol:

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009