ZarinBaby

Best Meal Planning Websites

Rate this topic

What are the best FREE sites for gluten free recipes or regular recipes that I can convert to gluten free? I don't want muffins and breads. I need actual dinners that I can make in the evening. I always see so many nasty looking recipes, and I just can't seem to find a good site. Starting a new job, and I need to find quick, healthy meals made from whole foods. My family does not avoid gluten, but I am gluten, dairy, corn and bean free. I know how to make most everything gluten free, but I'm out of ideas. I don't want to eat a bunch of quinoa and such. My family just won't tolerate it. Thanks.

What are the best FREE sites for gluten free recipes or regular recipes that I can convert to gluten free? I don't want muffins and breads. I need actual dinners that I can make in the evening. I always see so many nasty looking recipes, and I just can't seem to find a good site. Starting a new job, and I need to find quick, healthy meals made from whole foods. My family does not avoid gluten, but I am gluten, dairy, corn and bean free. I know how to make most everything gluten free, but I'm out of ideas. I don't want to eat a bunch of quinoa and such. My family just won't tolerate it. Thanks.

I wish I had an answer for you. I looked and looked for a meal planning site that used "whole foods" but nada.

My advice is a good crockpot book. Screen it carefully because lots of them put some nasty crap in the recipes. I think there's a free site that's gluten-free called "365 crockpot" or some such.

Another one I like is Mark Bittman's books - he always gives alternative prep and seasonings and usually suggests what to serve the dish with.

My advice is to start cooking to intentionally have leftovers. Enough for your lunch, enough to freeze. There's someone on the Food Network that does a version of that where she cooks one thing, uses the leftovers later that week for another completely different dish.

The Food Network site has a "dinners" section. Check that out.

My advice - if its in the budget, a personal chef or concierge service to do some shopping and prep work for you. That will save time and energy.

I know you said "free" but I do have to throw in one that is $5 a month. You can subscribe to www.e-mealz and they have a gluten free choice. They will make you a menu of 7 dinners (main dish and sides!) Then the best part is they have a grocery list for you labeled 1-7 beside each item. If you just hate #1 meal, then you go through and cross off all #1. I did this for reg. meals before the diagnosis. I would do it now if she didn't have to many other allergies...all beans, all peas, pork, apples, etc. So really, it wouldn't help me now. But if you were gluten free only, it would be awesome and worth every dime. They used to have a sample menu you could view to see if you liked it. You could try and see if they still have that.