Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

News Story On Add And Diet

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Can-foods-help-children-with-ADD-ADHD/-/1735978/8474254/-/b70s0u/-/index.html

I just saw this video on a Houston news channel. My dd was just diagnosed with ADD and started on a med. Of course she is gluten-free, but she isn't soy free or dairy free. The meds have really helped her though and she might have a chance of passing 1st grade now that she can focus on her work.

What are your thoughts?

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The GAPS diet alleviated ADD/ADHD and severe dyslexia for my kids and me. My gluten challenge brought ADD back for me. Gluten and corn bring my son's extreme dyslexia back. We do fermented dairy from raw, whole, organic milk without a problem. We do not eat grains, soy, or starchy veg.

Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.

Gluten-Free since November 2010

GAPS Diet since January/February 2011

me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011

partner - not tested for celiac

ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.

dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome

both kids have now-resolved attention issues.