Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irishgirl76

Would You Get Rid Of...

Love2Travel and I PM'd and we are good! I think I overreacted somewhat to words that I shouldn't have let bother me but Love2Travel was very adult and generous in her attitude about it so all is forgotten and we move on. This forum needs her travel expertise for those of us who are a bit timid to venture as far as she has, not to mention her cooking skills. With regards to Celiac Disease, self taught is a good thing! I am sorry to have gone off like that but the air is cleared for the better! :D

Where on earth is a blushing smiley? Gemini and I certainly are good; in fact, great! As you know, I get very carried away with things I believe in and am excited about. I just got too excited and need to tone it down. Frankly it is a positive thing that this was brought up as it leads to greater understanding about others and myself. As I told Gemini I would rather someone point out areas where I can improve than to just ignore it and hope the problem will take care of itself. So, this has been a positive learning experience.

And Gemini, your major contributions here are very appreciated! If it were not for this site I would be in a sorry state indeed. Our goals are the same - support, encouragement, and to help one another in the best ways we can. :)

O.M.G .....far too much goosh here. :P

You both are great contributors...press on, but remember this when I have a b%$@#y day. :lol:

:lol: Done with the goosh. :lol:

The OP has me now thinking...my knives are ancient (20+ years old), have wooden handles and reside in a wooden block. The knives aren't great quality but work fine for me. Now I'm wondering if I should replace them. There's minor sentimental value since they were a gift from my father (who has since passed away) but he'd be the first to tell me to chuck them out if it would improve my health. I've scrubbed them and cleaned where the blade meets the wood but I'm just wondering if all that time exposed to a gluten-y kitchen and ingredients could have gotten gluten embedded in those wooden handles so when I touch them I could *possibly* have it on my hands as I handle ingredients. Gesh, just when I thought I had a handle on my kitchen! Any ideas/opinions? Am I being a paranoid newbie again? Of course, a new set of nice knives would be cool...!

The OP has me now thinking...my knives are ancient (20+ years old), have wooden handles and reside in a wooden block. The knives aren't great quality but work fine for me. Now I'm wondering if I should replace them. There's minor sentimental value since they were a gift from my father (who has since passed away) but he'd be the first to tell me to chuck them out if it would improve my health. I've scrubbed them and cleaned where the blade meets the wood but I'm just wondering if all that time exposed to a gluten-y kitchen and ingredients could have gotten gluten embedded in those wooden handles so when I touch them I could *possibly* have it on my hands as I handle ingredients. Gesh, just when I thought I had a handle on my kitchen! Any ideas/opinions? Am I being a paranoid newbie again? Of course, a new set of nice knives would be cool...!

You sound like me!!!

I was thinking a visit to IKEA (magnetic strip) and my favorite cutlery online store might be justified!

Aaaahh, joy joy.

I do admit I started switching to knives where the handle and blade are forged of one piece of metal...BECAUSE I had a handle break during use and cut my hand badly. And they are much easier to clean, btw.

Honestly, I haven't had issues so far. But do admit after 16 years that block may be a bit unsanitary inside.

O.M.G .....far too much goosh here. :P

You both are great contributors...press on, but remember this when I have a b%$@#y day. :lol:

I think everyone deserves a b%$@#-pass for a day..... :lol: