BrittLoves2Run

Just Got The Phone Call!

Rate this topic

I just got a phone call from my doctor's office stating that I am positive for Celiac. They said my numbers were abnormally high indicative of Celiac. I almost cried when I heard this. I no longer feel crazy and i'm looking forward to feeling normal and healthy again!!!!

This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, and the next chapter of your life

Great news!!! Your recovery is in your hands and we are here to help guide you to feeling wonderful again :D

Great news for you!

Many of us also went through a short period of gluten withdrawal. I did - I felt ill (not terribly) and dizzy and extremely hungry for about a week then that disappeared. Just sort of warning you in case it happens to you - it may not!

Either way, you are on your way to a whole new world. Poke around this site - there are incredibly knowledgable people around who are willing to respond to any questions. :) Lots of interesting and helpful topics.

Just focus on how awesome you will feel! Looks like you are already.

Thanks everyone. I'm so happy. I went out to Common Market tonight and bought a bunch of gluten-free foods and even got a gluten-free vitamin and toothpaste. It's going to be a lot of learning and researching but i'm so glad I'm pointed in the right direction. I called my mother to tell her she should consider getting tested as well.

Thanks everyone. I'm so happy. I went out to Common Market tonight and bought a bunch of gluten-free foods and even got a gluten-free vitamin and toothpaste. It's going to be a lot of learning and researching but i'm so glad I'm pointed in the right direction. I called my mother to tell her she should consider getting tested as well.

I hope your Mum pays more attention to you than I did to my daughter! My daughter was diagnosed in March 2009 and immediately told me I should be tested. I had been very ill at the end of 2008 and my ferritin was 4. I picked up a bit but was never 'well' (just didn't realise I was ill). I then went downhill again in summer of 2009, thought I was anaemic again but tests showed I was only borderline. My daughter kept telling me that she thought I had coeliac disease and that I should ask to get tested. Don't ask me why but I was completely convinced that I wasn't coeliac and ignored her advice. To cut a long story short, I got very ill and eventually had to give my career. I went to the G.P. my daughter attends and he immediately told me that he was 90% sure that I was coeliac and following blood tests, endescopy and biopsy I got official diagnosis. If I'd listened to my daughter in the first place I would still have my career. She loves being able to say to me 'I told you so' !!

I'm now eight months down the line and have improved greatly. I still get the odd bad days but on my really good days I feel better than I have at any point in my life. Tell your Mum my story if she's reluctant to get tested.