Rate this topic

Hello, I have been searching this statement on the internet for months, "what to do if you accidentally eat gluten." So far I have found very few response other than, "there is nothing you can do but ride it out." Well, I can't promise anything but I think I found some things that help me. I DONT KNOW IF THESE THINGS ARE SAFE TO TAKE TOGETHER! I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL. ASK SOMEONE WHO IS PLEASE. The first is benadryl at night sometimes. I know its not a hystamine response but it seems to help. Maybe its because it keeps other allergies from plagueing my immune system. Second is gluten ease enzymes. Many of the things I will mention are at health food stores. Just ask. Sometimes I take aleve for the swelling but that can't be good for you. Another thing that helps me is a green juice fast with antiinflammatory roots and herbs. Potent late release probiotics. Magnesium supplement at night. Iron during the day (only if you know you are deficient). I take a one a day two times a day. Mild aerobic exercise. Lots of water. Sauna. Lots of omega 3s. I know it seems like a lot but I got my recovery time down from 3 weeks to 1 week, and then to 3 days. MOST IMPORTANT: Gaia. Aller-leaf. Its an immune booster that aims for balancing the gut and has good antiinflamatory herbs and roots. (I don't take it with benadryl) It has skullcap in it that helps me sleep. There are other similar products at the health food store. Some might help just as well. Good luck everyone!

Are you saying when you accidentally got glutened you were sick for 3 weeks? The longest my dd has been sick is 2-3 days. I have never heard of anyone being sick for that long before for an accidental glutening.

Do you have other ailments? Is this more common than I think ?

Mizzo, my 8 year old is physically sick with diarrhoea, gas, tummy pains and even headaches (although I think they may be from lack of sleep during these times with the sickness keeping her up rather than gluten itself) but then she remains vague and has some behavioural problems for up to a week after the physical symptoms wear off. Whether that is also from her lack of sleep in that time, or the direct result of the gluten I can't say. But I do say that eating gluten can affect her for a week or 2 after.

Thanks for the information, at this stage, however, we ride it out, but she rarely comes across it anymore. She worked out it's not worth it to cheat, and I worked out it's not worth it to have gluten in the house.