Scott Adams

Defiant Dieter: 'Celiac knows no financial boundaries' - Vancouver Sun (blog)

Rate this topic

Defiant Dieter: 'Celiac knows no financial boundaries'

Vancouver Sun (blog)

There are also plans to educate food bank managers about celiac and gluten-free diets. “I am especially proud of this development,” Dron said Friday. “It is very exciting that people with special dietary needs are being accepted as mainstream.

View the full article

That's good news!

I went to the expo, the organisers were stunned at how many people turned up. We managed to get information leaflets to give to my daughter's pre school.

my 3 yr old proudly handed over her tinkyada pasta and announced its mine bug you can have it

there seemed to be as many boxes going out as people coming in

My first US summer after diagnosis I bought up big on alll kinds of gluten-free products.... and THEN discovered all my additional intolerances. Gave it to the local food bank only with the stipulation that it MUST go to celiacs - keep it separate for them. I hope they complied.:huh:

Most food banks don't want to deal with special diets. I emailed, twice, an large church pantry about supplying some gluten-free foods. Even said I could help them & explain it. Never heard back. I found a small food pantry for our school district that's keeps the gluten-free stuff separate and is happy to have it.

If there is some sort of food drive, like a neighbor kid or the school, I give Chex and the gluten-free Progrsso soups. Didn't spend any extra money to get gluten-free. Anyone can use it but if a gluten-free person is there, they would have some options.