bigbird16

Score For The Gluten Free Chick

Rate this topic

Ha! Ha! A coworker called me down to her office just now saying she'd picked up the wrong kind of chips for her lunch. The bag said they're wheat and gluten free. I read her the ingredients list -- sweet potatoes, peanut oil, sunflower oil, and salt -- and said these are the same ingredients as she'd find in Utz, Lays, Dirty Chips, etc. It's a marketing thing. Well, she said, they don't sound like they have the tasty fattening stuff in them. They sound plain and nasty. I laughed as she asked me to take them away. :lol: (And then I washed the bag about five times, because she'd had her sandwichy hand on it.)

LOL..aren't most chips gluten free? She thought they'd taste bad without gluten? :blink:

I hope you enjoyed them! :D

Not pringles, and some BBQ flavors (Lays, for example) are not safe.

Hahaha, that's great. My MIL brought home 2 small and expensive bags of chips for me because they say gluten free on the front. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my favorite chips are gluten free, and so are most of the ones I would eat normally. (Not that I eat a lot of chips, a bag could sit on a shelf for months before I feel like I want some.)

That's hilarious! :lol: Definite score. Sweet potato chips are yummy.