Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigbird16

Score For The Gluten Free Chick

Ha! Ha! A coworker called me down to her office just now saying she'd picked up the wrong kind of chips for her lunch. The bag said they're wheat and gluten free. I read her the ingredients list -- sweet potatoes, peanut oil, sunflower oil, and salt -- and said these are the same ingredients as she'd find in Utz, Lays, Dirty Chips, etc. It's a marketing thing. Well, she said, they don't sound like they have the tasty fattening stuff in them. They sound plain and nasty. I laughed as she asked me to take them away. :lol: (And then I washed the bag about five times, because she'd had her sandwichy hand on it.)

Migraines, ataxia, peripheral neuropathy, anxiety, paranoia, joint pain, vivid nightmares, exhaustion & lethargy, brain fog, bloat, GI issues--all gone or significantly reduced since dietary changes were made

Gluten-free (Nov. 2008), dairy-free (June 2009), soy-free (Aug. 2009), all-grains-and-grasses-but-rice-free (Nov. 2011); double HLA-DQ7

"'Always remember, Bilbo, when your heart wants lifting, think of pleasant things.' 'Eggs, bacon, a good full pipe, my garden at twilight....'" (The Hobbit, animated movie, 1977)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

LOL Nice! People are SO funny.

--Brittany
Dxed with IBS in 2010
Celiac Panel/Thyroid blood test done on 1/19/2012
1/23/2012- Positive Celiac blood tests/ TSH Levels 4.5 (range 0.4-5.5)  --- 1/24/2012- Gluten free

Became "Mom" June/2014

Dx'd Hypothyroid 2/3/15 (TSH 7.8) ---- DX'd Hashimoto's 2/6/15 Confirmed by Ultrasound.& TpoAB Antibodies 985

Suspect: Reynaud's - Fingers turn bright white, and nails beds turn purple

Hahaha, that's great. My MIL brought home 2 small and expensive bags of chips for me because they say gluten free on the front. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my favorite chips are gluten free, and so are most of the ones I would eat normally. (Not that I eat a lot of chips, a bag could sit on a shelf for months before I feel like I want some.)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014