BabsV

Recipe: Cheesey Quinoa Bites

Rate this topic

I can't remember where I found this recipe...it was via a link on twitter to someone's blog that linked to another blog...you know how it is sometimes.

Anyway, I made them yesterday -- they are seriously good and it didn't take much time to throw them together. I didn't have green onion so left it out and I had to use dried cilantro because I wasn't going out to hunt for fresh (it was hovering around 0 degrees F not including windchill...!) I substituted gluten-free flour. I think I'd up the season salt a bit since we like things with a little more 'kick'...or maybe having the onions would make up for it.

Cheesy Quinoa Bites

Makes ~24 bites

2 cups cooked quinoa

2 large eggs

1 cup shredded carrot

2 stalks green onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 Tbs all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp seasoning salt

1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix together all ingredients.

3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (about 1 heaping Tbs each).

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

I can't remember where I found this recipe...it was via a link on twitter to someone's blog that linked to another blog...you know how it is sometimes.

Anyway, I made them yesterday -- they are seriously good and it didn't take much time to throw them together. I didn't have green onion so left it out and I had to use dried cilantro because I wasn't going out to hunt for fresh (it was hovering around 0 degrees F not including windchill...!) I substituted gluten-free flour. I think I'd up the season salt a bit since we like things with a little more 'kick'...or maybe having the onions would make up for it.

Cheesy Quinoa Bites

Makes ~24 bites

2 cups cooked quinoa

2 large eggs

1 cup shredded carrot

2 stalks green onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 Tbs all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp seasoning salt

1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix together all ingredients.

3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (about 1 heaping Tbs each).

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

This sounds very good, need to go shopping...

This sounds seriously good and will definitely be trying it. I don't like Cilantro but would put in some spices like ground chilli, cumin etc. Yummy. xx

I'm so gonna try these!

I made these last night. They were really good. I didn't have cilantro so I subbed fresh parsley out of my herb garden and used Betty Crocker gluten free bisquik for the flour. I made my quinoa up in my pressure cooker. Wow so easy and I didn't have to worry about it burning to the bottom. I had enough quinoa to make a batch and a half. The half batch I put in a little cumin and corriander. That was good too. They taste better the next day after the flavors meld togeter more.

Sounds really good. But there's flour in the recipe. Do you mean wheat flour?

Of course not! SHe even says she subbed out for a gluten-free flour . This is a Celiac website, after all ! :)

When you have a recipe like this that just needs a couple of spoonfuls of flour to help it stick together, you can sub any all purpose gluten-free mix or probably rice or potato flour.

How much uncooked quinoa would that be? :)