BarryC

Any Other Pot 'pregnant' Guys?!

Rate this topic

The bloated belly/faux 9 months pregnant look seems to affect the gals more than the guys, or at least they are more willing to share, as is usually the case with health problems. Most guys my age probably accept a pot belly, but since I am a light eater, non drinker, and exercise fanatic I knew it wasnt 'my fault'.

Any other guys like me with a pregnant lady look? How long did it take after going gluten free to get some relief?

Well, I've found that certain foods tend to make it worse, while others tend to help or don't effect it either way. Start with the top 8 allergens, but nearly anything can bother the digestive system, depending on your particulars. Splitting meals into smaller portions throughout the day may help too. A decent digestive enzyme supplement has helped, but it has yet to disappear entirely. Odd thing is, the balloon belly didn't manifest until after being gluten-free for quite awhile! Some other things which may help include curcumin, flax oil, marshmallow root, peppermint, milk thistle, magnesium, ginger, fenugreek seed, basil, and apple pectin.

HTH

Any other guys like me with a pregnant lady look? How long did it take after going gluten free to get some relief?

Not near the pregnant look, but I did have some pudge in the middle that I couldn't get rid of even with exercise. Seemed strange to be thin with a gut. I'm not a beer drinker.

After dropping gluten from my diet, I've lost 20 pounds. The belly pudge is gone. With regular situps, I now have decent looking abs.

It took about 2 months.

JWSJ

I got cross contaminated on Monday this week, and the bloating/gas has been out of control. When I'm at my worse, I've got the "pregnant" thing going on in spades, but I've found if I hit some anti acids or drink some ginger ale, it drops back down to nothing, along with my symptoms.