Metoo

Milk Intolerance?

Rate this topic

I was having problems with milk...so I cut out raw milk, and I was not having as much problems with bloating. I still eat cheese and butter though, and things with 'milk' on the label.

I was doing well, until this week I am noticing the Progresso soups, I was eating for lunch, are causing me to have bloating problems again. I am eating Cream of Mushroom everyday for lunch.

If I am having problems with this soup now, should I be cutting out foods labeled 'milk' on the ingredients?

I know my coffee creamer is lactose-free, and that doesn't seem to be problematic. Should I go for lactose at this point?

IMHO the best way to see if something is causing you problems is to eliminate it totally for a couple of weeks. If you are then feeling better add back in at least 2 servings a day and see if you react. Intolerances can be delayed so give it a full week before you assume it is okay.

With dairy add back hard cheeses and yogurt first as they are lactose free but do have casien. For some of us the issue with dairy isn't the lactose, or milk sugar, it is the protein, casien, that our systems have trouble with.

With the Progresso soup many of them have soy added. For me personally it would be the soy in them that is the issue not the dairy. May not be the case for you though.

Progresso has 2 soups that are gluten and dairy free - the lentil and I think the second one is chicken and rice. Just wanted to let you know that in case you decided to give up the dairy.