This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gtt Results And Other Lab Results

SleepyBunny

RollingAlong Explorer

oh wait - and alcohol! big variable there!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RollingAlong Explorer

How are things coming along?

SleepyBunny Apprentice

I'm doing good :) I actually haven't tested for about a week. I know shame shame lol I went to NY on vacation and got to eat at a bunch of gluten free places. I woke up got ready and walked around the city all day. Loved it :) I've been getting sleepy at an earlier time and waking up earlier without an alarm since being back. I'm starting to think my tummy problems are work related. While I was gone I didn't even think about my stomach or being tired. As soon as I go back to work I feel tense in my tummy. Like I'm doing internal crunches without doing anything. It hasn't even really been stressful at work but it's like just being there subconciously upsets me. But now that I'm back and have been grocery shopping I will start testing again and post some results :)

How have all of you been? :)

RollingAlong Explorer

I'm doing good :) I actually haven't tested for about a week. I know shame shame lol I went to NY on vacation and got to eat at a bunch of gluten free places. I woke up got ready and walked around the city all day. Loved it :) I've been getting sleepy at an earlier time and waking up earlier without an alarm since being back. I'm starting to think my tummy problems are work related. While I was gone I didn't even think about my stomach or being tired. As soon as I go back to work I feel tense in my tummy. Like I'm doing internal crunches without doing anything. It hasn't even really been stressful at work but it's like just being there subconciously upsets me. But now that I'm back and have been grocery shopping I will start testing again and post some results :)

Just fine, thanks! I am so glad to hear that you've got the energy to get out and about and do the things you want to do. It is great that you were able to get away and compare how you felt with what happens at work.

Is there any possibility of gluten at work (drywall dust?) or some other environmental influence?

Skylark Collaborator

When I was a kid I had psychosomatic stomach aches on top of the undiagnosed gluten issues. I found relaxation exercises helpful. If you can close your eyes for a moment and imagine being outdoors in warm sunshine in a beautiful place you might find that your stomach feels better. :) I also was taught an exercise where you imagine you're floating in blue sky among the clouds and progressively tense and relax groups of muscles, from your feet to your head. That would be harder at work but you might be able to lie down at home in the evening and try it.

SleepyBunny Apprentice

Just fine, thanks! I am so glad to hear that you've got the energy to get out and about and do the things you want to do. It is great that you were able to get away and compare how you felt with what happens at work.

Is there any possibility of gluten at work (drywall dust?) or some other environmental influence?

Well I work around medicine so there's a huge chance of that. As soon as I get to work on most days my nose will start running and my eyes get bloodshot. :( I think most of my problems with my job are more on the emotional side than anything else.

When I was a kid I had psychosomatic stomach aches on top of the undiagnosed gluten issues. I found relaxation exercises helpful. If you can close your eyes for a moment and imagine being outdoors in warm sunshine in a beautiful place you might find that your stomach feels better. :) I also was taught an exercise where you imagine you're floating in blue sky among the clouds and progressively tense and relax groups of muscles, from your feet to your head. That would be harder at work but you might be able to lie down at home in the evening and try it.

When I was younger and would get upset about something I would get bad stomach aches. When I have mentioned my c to my dr he says stomach problems have a lot to do with emotions. I believe this but didn't really think it was the case with me. But when on the trip I didn't even think about being tense. After my first day back at work within a few hours I started feeling tense. Now after being back for about a week the tension seems to be building up. I just don't like being there. My schedule is weird and I feel like I'm missing out on so much because of it :( And I've been getting frustrated with the whole eating thing lately. So I ate something that I had a bad feeling about but ate it anyway. Within a few hours I had a horrible migraine and it got so bad at some points that I got nauseous. I had been questioning the whole gluten thing lately but I guess I have my proof. Lately I've just been feeling upset. I don't know if the glutening has something to do with it or if I'm just having one of those days. :( Thank you for letting me get some of this out. I hope you all are having a better day than me. Thanks for listening!

Lori2 Contributor

Well I work around medicine so there's a huge chance of that. As soon as I get to work on most days my nose will start running and my eyes get bloodshot. :( I think most of my problems with my job are more on the emotional side than anything else.

Don't be so quick to dismiss these symptoms as emotional. You're beginning to sound like a doctor.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

That's not emotional! That sounds like an allergy to something in the air. You may be reacting to the medicine, or possibly to mold in the building. If you tolerate it, you could try a little of a non-drowsy antihistamine. If it helps you know for sure it's allergy.

SleepyBunny Apprentice

Don't be so quick to dismiss these symptoms as emotional. You're beginning to sound like a doctor.

Take that back! lol :P

missy'smom Collaborator

Yes, don't dismiss these symptoms.

Forgive me if I've already mentioned this in previous conversation, but if you work in an environment where latex gloves are used, especially powdered, your symptoms could be latex allergy. I have one and I can get immediate runny nose and red eyes etc. just from walking in the room. I still easily ignore the runny nose as it is such a common thing but for me, that runny nose can change to a cough, which can lead to respiratory distress and lungs filling with mucus, bronchitis and anaphylaxis. That runny nose for me is an immediate, systemic reaction.

The gloves have powder in them which absorbs the latex proteins and spreads them airborn, where we breathe them in. For those who are sensitized, it can pose problems anywhere in food service, medical, and cleaning/housekeeping, school science labs and other settings. Latex ballons are the same.

I was in the hospital for a testing proceedure recently and they had rubber mats next to the bed and I started in with a runny nose and congestion and cough. As soon as they removed the mats, it stopped. I didn't need to touch them and they don't have that latex soaked powder, just needed to be around them to trigger a reaction.

You could be reacting to something else, but when I read your ststement, I thought that's a reaction to something for sure and your other feelings of generally not feeling good can also be part of the reaction/symptom.

SleepyBunny Apprentice

Yes, don't dismiss these symptoms.

Forgive me if I've already mentioned this in previous conversation, but if you work in an environment where latex gloves are used, especially powdered, your symptoms could be latex allergy. I have one and I can get immediate runny nose and red eyes etc. just from walking in the room. I still easily ignore the runny nose as it is such a common thing but for me, that runny nose can change to a cough, which can lead to respiratory distress and lungs filling with mucus, bronchitis and anaphylaxis. That runny nose for me is an immediate, systemic reaction.

The gloves have powder in them which absorbs the latex proteins and spreads them airborn, where we breathe them in. For those who are sensitized, it can pose problems anywhere in food service, medical, and cleaning/housekeeping, school science labs and other settings. Latex ballons are the same.

I was in the hospital for a testing proceedure recently and they had rubber mats next to the bed and I started in with a runny nose and congestion and cough. As soon as they removed the mats, it stopped. I didn't need to touch them and they don't have that latex soaked powder, just needed to be around them to trigger a reaction.

You could be reacting to something else, but when I read your ststement, I thought that's a reaction to something for sure and your other feelings of generally not feeling good can also be part of the reaction/symptom.

I don't think I have a latex allergy. Any gloves I've seen at work say latex free. But I know there is medication dust in the air all the time and our shelves have dust all over them. Once when I was going through some of the meds I kept sneezing from all the dust :blink: It seems like ever since I've worked in these environments I've had these bloodshot eyes. People always joke and say I need to be drug tested lol We moved to a different area and that seems to be when the runny nose started. I thought ok it's winter (if you can call it that lol) but when I'm not there my nose hardly runs if at all.

If me being upset is part of the reaction I hope it goes away soon. I hate getting upset so easily. :(

How are you doing? :)

Skylark Collaborator

I'm into migraines. Ugh. Shifting my diet around yet again from GAPS to a low food chemical diet called Failsafe.

Getting upset easily is part of allergic reactions. If I were you I'd try some Zyrtec or Claritin. Both name-brand pills are gluten-free. :)

SleepyBunny Apprentice

I'm into migraines. Ugh. Shifting my diet around yet again from GAPS to a low food chemical diet called Failsafe.

Getting upset easily is part of allergic reactions. If I were you I'd try some Zyrtec or Claritin. Both name-brand pills are gluten-free. :)

I'm sorry you're having migraines :( Those are not fun. Especially when you take something and it doesn't even help. Eating should not have to be this difficult lol What kind of stuff do you eat with the failsafe diet?

Skylark Collaborator

Eating should definitely not be this difficult. :lol: Here are the allowed foods. It's a pretty easy list to stick to for a few weeks.

Open Original Shared Link

I'm expecting it to help the migraines because they used to be MSG sensitive. I was on GAPS and unknowingly eating a lot of natural MSG and salicylate.

Did an antihistamine help you at all? :)

Archived