This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sweet Pizza Toppings

thefreespirit

thefreespirit Rookie

Hi

I have just found a recipe for using a pizza base for a dessert. I've honestly never heard of this! Have any of you tried doing this, if so what kind of toppings would you use apart from chocolate spread which I've seen?

Thanks - FS :) xx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

We always did a fruit pizza using a sugar cookie crust. You could use the Betty Crocker choc chip cookie mix

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

1/2tsp vanilla

Mix together and spread on the baked crust. Arrange fruits in pretty patterns.

Melt 1/2 - 1 cup of jelly or preserves. Dot on top. If you use apple jelly, it's nice and clear. Use a raspberry jelly to give it a red/ pink tinge. If you are using bananas or apples, dip in some lemon & water first to keep from turning brown.

Mizzo Enthusiast

warm apples and cinnamon

poached pears

cream cheese with orange zest and top with assorted fruits

I'll bet you could pour a can of pie filling ( like cherry ) on top

Adalaide Mentor

I loooooove the cream cheese and pie filling style fruit on a pizza crust. Drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze when it comes out and you're in for a slice (or maybe whole pie) of heaven. A local pizza place makes these and I was thrilled beyond belief that my husband didn't like it. :D

I also like covering it in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Maybe everyone else would think it's overkill, but drizzling it with chocolate sauce can't hurt. (I use dark chocolate chips and Hershey's dark chocolate sauce. I have yet to check their gluten free status and will probably cry myself to sleep for a week if I can't have my milk mix.)

I haven't tried these yet on gluten free crusts but I'm sure they'll be just as delicious as they were before. I never thought of jelly, but a nice quince jelly dessert pizza is definitely in order.

ciamarie Rookie

Many years ago I went to a pizza place that also had dessert pizzas (using 'healthy whole wheat' dough! <_< ) But I recall that the one we tried had apples, cinnamon, walnuts and cheddar cheese. It was delicious! Now that you reminded me, I want to try to make a gluten-free version someday!

lucia Enthusiast

A gluten-free "sweet" pizza might serve as a nice alternative to a desert crepe. I could imagine the same toppings being used. In that vein, then, how about nutella and ripe banana. Maybe with some ice-cream on a super fancy night.

kareng Grand Master

I have seen ones where they made them look like a real,pizza. Strawberry jam for the sauce, cream cheese for the cheese. Cut fruit roll-ups into circles for pepperoni, etc.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

thefreespirit Rookie

Thanks all, lots of ideas for me to go from. :)

FS xx

love2travel Mentor

Spreading it with nutella is also great - then you can top with roasted hazelnuts. Homemade butterscotch is also lovely on sweet pizza.

Archived