gershup

Diarrhea Nausea Worse Now That I Am Nearly 5 Days Gluten-Free

Rate this topic

Went Gluten-Free after 3 years diarrhea that got worse instead of better. Always ate fruits veggies so it's not increase in fiber, i feel cold then hot, the d Is so bad I can't go out. When better?

I believe I went through a withdrawal when I gave up gluten. I had to stay pretty close to a bathroom for about 10 to 14 days. Be nice to your body (whole, unprocessed foods), consider dropping dairy for awhile and sit tight for a few days. You should start feeling better pretty soon.

Mine lasted about a week. Felt yucky (like the flu) and had a terrible headache for about 4 days. Gradually it got better and then it got great. Hang in there.

Cara

Mine lasted about a week. Felt yucky (like the flu) and had a terrible headache for about 4 days. Gradually it got better and then it got great. Hang in there.

Cara

Thank u both for encouragement. Almost felt like I might wind up in the hospital yesterday.

I believe I went through a withdrawal when I gave up gluten. I had to stay pretty close to a bathroom for about 10 to 14 days. Be nice to your body (whole, unprocessed foods), consider dropping dairy for awhile and sit tight for a few days. You should start feeling better pretty soon.

Whole unprocessed foods like fruit veggies plain turkey tofu, tried neworleans gluten-free rice yesterday and it was great. Coconut juice water? Think the gluten-free vanilla flavor coconut milk may have been part? Just not sure what set off such bad attack. Read here about withdrawla n staying away from rice dreams milk

Dropping dairy and soy, and oats for a while maybe helpful. Also taking pro-biotics and avoiding sugar and processed foods. Eating a simple whole foods diet is easier for your body to handle. It can take some time for your gut flora to re-balance and your digestive system to adapt. Avoiding caffeine may help also.

Forgot to add: I craved pineapple - ate a whole pineapple almost every day the first week. Read later that fresh pineapple helps with healing the gut? Not sure where I read that, but it makes sense. I also felt like I was sweating more - like going through detox or something. Hot showers with full body scrub seemed to make me feel better as well. Getting out and getting exercise helped too. You are almost there!

Cara

Forgot to add: I craved pineapple - ate a whole pineapple almost every day the first week. Read later that fresh pineapple helps with healing the gut? Not sure where I read that, but it makes sense. I also felt like I was sweating more - like going through detox or something. Hot showers with full body scrub seemed to make me feel better as well. Getting out and getting exercise helped too. You are almost there!

Cara

Will try the pineapple and cut out dairy and take probiotics. Not getting any better yet on day 8. Appreciate your replies n encouragement