Pea19

Question

Rate this topic

Not really sure where to post this...My mom has been on a gluten free diet for the last couple of months...When she makes pizza, she uses a gluten free pizza mix...Every time I eat this, I end up waking up with a severe sore throat the next day(to the point of having a hard time swallowing!)Sometimes, this takes effect within a couple of hours of eating this...Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen?

Hi, Pea and welcome.

That sounds kind of like how I used to react to shellfish, though it was more itching than soreness. Do you have food allergies? Gluten-free mixes have a lot of ingredients that might not be in normal mixes.

Have you ever looked at the contents on the package? Thre might be something in there that you are not used to eating, some different kind of flour, perhaps, that you are reacting to.

have you been tested for Celiac?

This does sound like a food is triggerig something. Keep a food journal and see if you can figure it out. The usual food suspects are peas and the top 8 (wheat, fish, shellfish, SOY, peanuts, treenuts, EGGS, MILK (most "allergic' reaction are from the proteins found in foods so saying milk~ casein)

Now that symptom is also what happens to my daughter who has Eosinophilic Esophagitus. (her trigger foods are eggs, peas, fish, and shellfish. she has been on a gluten free diet since she was 17 months old, diagnosed with EE when she was 6. Now there is evidence that there is alink between the 2 disorders.