lc1333

I'm So Bummed

Rate this topic

i'm so bummed. i had a positive biopsy, but negative bloodwork, my stupid doc told me i don't have celiac, but maybe i have a gluten sensitivity, she made it out to be no big deal, she even said, it's better because you don't have to be so stringent. i know she's just dumb and that i do have celiac, but part of me wanted to believe her. so, i've been gluten free, and feeling 10,000 percent better, my stomach was calm and it was really weird to eat and NOT feel that burning pain an hour later. then night before last we went to Panda Express, i thought, i'm not eating any wheat or anything, so it should be fine, i didn't eat anything breaded, just chicken and mushrooms and white rice, i thought i was safe, but no, the next day everything made me sick, dinner gave me the usual bad cramps, not full on D, but crampy and the burning was back. i just looked at their website and saw that what i ate had wheat in it, they don't offer any gluten-free foods other than white rice. today my gut is settling back down, but now i know i must be vigilant, not just non-chalant about not eating blatant wheat foods. i feel like i really do have celiac and i am so bummed, i thought maybe i was just being paranoid of hypochondriac-ish or something, but no, i really do have to be careful...i'm so bummed...

:(

You're right--your doctor is DUMB and you have celiac. Thank goodness, you're smart!

By all means tell your doctor about your reaction. Maybe the fool will learn something. Good for him or her to know in case you ever get stuck in a hospital for instance or you need special accommodations on a cross country airplane trip. Or if you need special gluten free medicine. Plus it might help the next person down the line.

Bea

By all means tell your doctor about your reaction. Maybe the fool will learn something. Good for him or her to know in case you ever get stuck in a hospital for instance or you need special accommodations on a cross country airplane trip. Or if you need special gluten free medicine. Plus it might help the next person down the line.

Bea

Ditto this! I would tell her. Print out information about diagnosing celiac for her, and how biopsy IS a diagnosis of celiac. She needs more information clearly.