Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I kind of linger around here, and don`t really post a lot, because i`m still learning and not diagnosed. However, i`m starting to worry, with all i`m learning. I`m being screened, and looking at my toddler in a whole new way! Here`s her `symptoms`

-Irritability (She`s usually pretty happy go lucky, but sometimes is just a grouch. I haven`t done a food journal to see if there`s anything to it, however have trialed cutting out dairy to no avail.)

-Distended belly (She seriously looks like she has a beer belly! Cute, but worrisome)

-Greyish stools....This one is most concerning to me!

-slow weight gain as an infant...she`s in the 75% now and seems to be thriving...but.....

Let me know what you guys think! Again, I`m being screened, have had a negative biopsy x2, however am pretty convinced...and if she has it, i`ll be 100% convinced I do too! (My dad has Celiac)

Well, if your father has Celiac, that alone is a red flag. So regardless of what tests say, I'd suggest trying a gluten-free diet. And as you may have already read on this forum, small children are most difficult to diagnose accurately, so I think the best test for her may be a gluten-free diet.

However, do keep in mind that other foods may be a problem, such as soy, corn, eggs, etc.

Hope you and you child get to feeling better soon!

My son also had he distended belly but he was losing weight very fast. Maybe she doesn't have Celiac and it's gluten intolerance?? My son also had White/cream/grey stool for 2 months! then finally the dr. ordered a celiac test. He was very very positive! BUT THAT COLOR STOOL IS NOT NORMAL and you should take a sample with you and take her to the pediatrician. Best of Luck!