Shelly U

Halp!

Rate this topic

Is there any way to help someone get through an inadvertent Gluten exposure?

I bought what I thought was Gluten free beer for my boyfriend yesterday. He had a few (3) and by the end of the evening he was sick (no lectures on alcohol consumption please). He ate a good dinner of baked chicken, carrots and cauliflower.

My question: Is there anything that he can take today to ease the pain he is going through? He wasn't diagnosed until he was 43 (seriously) and was sick for a long time before he realized that there was a problem with Gluten. He has an important function tonight and needs to be well enough to attend.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shelly

I pop some pepto bismol pills as soon as I know I've been glutened (if it ever happens before I feel the symptoms) and that will usually take the pain away... and the other less fun parts of being glutened, too! Drink lots of water. It doesn't help with my foggy brained symptoms, but def helps with my intestinal ones.

Pepto is not a perfect solution - but it's the only thing I've found so far that takes the pain and urgency away and at least allows me to function like a normal human being for the day or so I really need it.

We have had some success with Gluten Relief capsules. Just tried them once this week and my son said it really helped ease the pain. There is another one called Gluten Ease that I think is basically the same thing. Digestive enzymes to help break down the gluten faster. Not a cure all, but perhaps it will help him out a bit pain wise. Drinking lots of water is also good to help flush his system faster. I also take an herbal cleanse when I get glutened. I don't know if it helps, but I figure it MIGHT help!

I believe the following help me. The symptoms are more tolerable when I've done these things.

-drinking lots and lots of water, as much as possible

-taking a detoxifying Ayurvedic bath, at least once a day:

Fill the tub with water as hot as you can stand. Add 2 cups epsom salts & 1 cup baking soda. Sit in the bath for thirty minutes. Upon getting out, dry off, then rub your skin and especially your feet with body oil. Put on socks and clothes. You will continue to sweat after your bath (for up to a couple of hours). You may want to lie down or go to sleep.

Activated charcoal capsules

Lots of water

GasX

Chicken broth with rice and veggies, light meals