Jsny1010

Started Celiac Diet.. Is This Normal?

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone, not sure if this is the right spot for this but I recently started the Celiac diet, its been 3 days now.. and for the last few days ive spent alot of time in the restroom is that normal? I'll have a normal bowel movement and than 2, 3, or 4 times with diarrhea is that normal? I had my Biopsy 5 days ago, and im still waiting for my results but im not sure if thats normal.. not dehydrated at all..

You can expect a lot of changes when you go gluten free. What is normal for you right now will depend a lot on what has been normal for you in the past. If you have been constipated then your temporary new normal may well be what you describe until everything readjusts and your body clock is reset. It will take two or three weeks to find your new normal, which may even include some undigested food passing through, in which case supplementation with some digestive enzymes might help. Also, a good probiotic to repopulate the gut with good bacteria will help out on the digestie size of things.

Let us know if you have any improvement (or not).

Thanks for the reply.. True I didnt know how many things can be caused by celiac, headache's were a big one for me. I'll find some probiotics and see if that helps