purple

Coconut Milk Treats

Rate this topic

Hi,

Does anyone have a recipe for ice cream or pudding made with coconut milk? Not chocolate or banana please. I was thinking of strawberry. I want to make my DH a valentine treat.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't done this myself, but it does inspire an idea. You could add a strawberry syrup into a coconut milk tapioca pudding (instead of vanilla basically). What a nice idea for Valentine's Day!

Ingredients

Strawberry syrup:

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

2 cups rinsed, stemmed, and chopped strawberries

Pudding:

2 c. water

3 tbsp. small Tapioca pearls

3 tbsp. sugar

tiny pinch of salt

3/4 c. coconut milk

Method

1. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir continuously until the sugar dissolves and the liquid is clear. Transfer this sugar syrup to a blender, add the strawberries, and puree until blended.

2. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil, and add the tapioca pearls. Turn the heat down to medium-low and allow the tapioca to simmer for 17 minutes. Periodically stir with a whisk or fork to prevent the balls from sticking to one another. In a seperate bowl, whisk the sugar, salt, and coconut milk. At the end of 17 minutes, whisk the coconut mixture into the tapioca. Once it has returned to a simmer, allow it to continue cooking for 5 more minutes.

3. Stir in your strawberry syrup, to taste. Chill.