Diane S.

Other Food Allergies In Addition To Gluten

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac ten years ago. Since then I have been treated for h pylori and am currently going through gall bladder testing. My doctor thinks I have other food allergies in addition to gluten. He suspected eggs, which I stopped eating for the past week. I do feel better and respiratory problems are lessening. My doctor also suspected tree nuts might be a problem for me. Have others on this board found more food allergies giving them problems? If so, what foods? I am trying to figure out what other food allergies are common for celiacs.

I was diagnosed with celiac ten years ago. Since then I have been treated for h pylori and am currently going through gall bladder testing. My doctor thinks I have other food allergies in addition to gluten. He suspected eggs, which I stopped eating for the past week. I do feel better and respiratory problems are lessening. My doctor also suspected tree nuts might be a problem for me. Have others on this board found more food allergies giving them problems? If so, what foods? I am trying to figure out what other food allergies are common for celiacs.

From what I've read on here, dairy, soy, corn, and sometimes tomatoes, are common problems for us. I avoid soy, and it's tricky because it is in all kinds of things.....tuna, mayo, and a bunch of others. You have to become a detective and read labels for all this other stuff besides gluten. :huh:

From what I've read on here, dairy, soy, corn, and sometimes tomatoes, are common problems for us. I avoid soy, and it's tricky because it is in all kinds of things.....tuna, mayo, and a bunch of others. You have to become a detective and read labels for all this other stuff besides gluten. :huh:

Thank you for responding.