corkey

What Helps After You Have An Attack?

Rate this topic

First I am trying to see if anyone else has these type of symptoms when they have an attack- my medical tests are all inconclusive so I am still trying to figure out if I have celiacs. I have been gluten free for six months now. But about once a month I will get these crazy attacks-- disgusting sulfur burps- immediate bloating- and then spasms of the intestine that look like an alien invasion in my tummy-- tremendous gas. The only thing that I have found that helps is taking charcoal capsules. They make the gross burps go away. Then I take a fiber supplement-- like a huge amount of FiberSmart by Renew Life-- and then the spasms quiet down but my intestines are achey for two or three days and my muscle get really fatigued after an attack. I have asked other people what they do after an attack and they have only recommended tons of water and exercise. I find it so hard to exercise after an attack because I am so weak and I hurt. Has any one else found a good solution when some how they have consumed gluten by accident and/or do these symptoms sound familiar to other people? Thanks so much. This journey is so confusing and catches you by surprise. I really appreciate the support and not being alone in this journey.

First I am trying to see if anyone else has these type of symptoms when they have an attack- my medical tests are all inconclusive so I am still trying to figure out if I have celiacs. I have been gluten free for six months now. But about once a month I will get these crazy attacks-- disgusting sulfur burps- immediate bloating- and then spasms of the intestine that look like an alien invasion in my tummy-- tremendous gas. The only thing that I have found that helps is taking charcoal capsules. They make the gross burps go away. Then I take a fiber supplement-- like a huge amount of FiberSmart by Renew Life-- and then the spasms quiet down but my intestines are achey for two or three days and my muscle get really fatigued after an attack. I have asked other people what they do after an attack and they have only recommended tons of water and exercise. I find it so hard to exercise after an attack because I am so weak and I hurt. Has any one else found a good solution when some how they have consumed gluten by accident and/or do these symptoms sound familiar to other people? Thanks so much. This journey is so confusing and catches you by surprise. I really appreciate the support and not being alone in this journey.

What if you just don't do anything and let your body battle it out? Would it also dissapate in 2-3 days?

My skin does awful things, so I cut out eggs the last time I got glutened to help it heal but it still took me 5 weeks and I am trying to still heal up a spot on my hand.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been tested for giardia (parasite?). I got it when I lived in South America and the sulfur burps are what made me think of this. If untreated it can come and go for a few months.