Avalon451

Not Quite Four Weeks gluten-free, Improvement

Rate this topic

Had to share. My 3 daughters all went gluten-free the day of the eldest's biopsy. That was almost 4 weeks ago. They didn't have any obvious or excruciating gut issues-- it was the 16-y.o.'s dermatitis herpetiformus diagnosis that started the whole investigation. So I was wondering if they were really improving yet. We got to talking about it after dinner, and the oldest says, "Well, I'm really happy lately. Like, in a really good mood. I still want to sleep a lot, but I feel much more rested and energetic when I wake up, and I'm just in such a good mood!" The 14 y.o. said, "Hey, yeah, me too!" She's the one with panic attacks and anxiety disorder, and she's been seeing improvement there in the last two weeks.

Exciting to know that some benefits are already kicking in!

Avalon, that is great! 2 of my 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren are also all gluten-free, not because of testing or any diagnosis of their own for celiac. They have all noticed improved health. Infact, the daughter who chose not to go gluten-free is having issues with mood and anxiety. It is amazing what they gluten-free diet can do for the body and mind, and I think it is wonderful that your family has got on-board.

Had to share. My 3 daughters all went gluten-free the day of the eldest's biopsy. That was almost 4 weeks ago. They didn't have any obvious or excruciating gut issues-- it was the 16-y.o.'s dermatitis herpetiformus diagnosis that started the whole investigation. So I was wondering if they were really improving yet. We got to talking about it after dinner, and the oldest says, "Well, I'm really happy lately. Like, in a really good mood. I still want to sleep a lot, but I feel much more rested and energetic when I wake up, and I'm just in such a good mood!" The 14 y.o. said, "Hey, yeah, me too!" She's the one with panic attacks and anxiety disorder, and she's been seeing improvement there in the last two weeks.

Exciting to know that some benefits are already kicking in!

That is great. I also feel better off gluten, even though I don't have celiac disease. My son has Celiac, probably from his father's side (several diagnosed very close relatives), but I like being gluten-free for my mood and waistline. I know weight loss is a controversial issue re the gluten-free diet, but I swear I have no control over my appetite when I am eating gluten.

Hope your son is getting better. I know someone who's skin rash did not get better until they eliminated ALL of the cross contamination, including old plastic and wooden utensils and food containers, and skin products, etc.

Good luck.

Greta