This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Making Chocolate

GFreeMO

GFreeMO Proficient

I just ordered some organic cocoa butter to make my own chocolate. I am going to try this recipe.

Open Original Shared Link

I think that this will be great b/c I need to be dairy free. Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I never thought you could make your own chocolate like this. Very cool!

When you try it, could you repost here & tell us how it goes? PLease?

GFreeMO Proficient

I never thought you could make your own chocolate like this. Very cool!

When you try it, could you repost here & tell us how it goes? PLease?

I sure will! The cocoa butter smells AMAZING! Can't wait to make it. :)

Skylark Collaborator

Wow, I hope it works. Seems like I don't see coconut oil in commercial chocolate. I wonder why it's in the recipe? Did you get raw cocoa?

I'm dairy-free too but I just buy 70% dark chocolate at the store. :lol:

GFreeMO Proficient

Wow, I hope it works. Seems like I don't see coconut oil in commercial chocolate. I wonder why it's in the recipe? Did you get raw cocoa?

I'm dairy-free too but I just buy 70% dark chocolate at the store. :lol:

Yes, I bought raw cocoa. It's from a company in Venezuela. Tisano is the name of it.

What brand of chocolate do you buy? I'd like to check it out to see if it would work for me just incase this doesn't work out!

I'll post back after I make it this weekend! Wish me luck!

Skylark Collaborator

The one I was eating while I was trying to see if I was reacting to soy was Fearless brand Dark as Midnight and I really liked it. Open Original Shared Link I was getting the bars at Whole Foods. Theo also has soy-free organic chocolate. I can't remember whether I tried it or not but here's the site. Open Original Shared Link Happily I'm only needing dairy-free so I'm back to buying whatever high-quality dark chocolate is on sale and not worrying about the soy lecithin.

GFreeMO Proficient

The one I was eating while I was trying to see if I was reacting to soy was Fearless brand Dark as Midnight and I really liked it. Open Original Shared Link I was getting the bars at Whole Foods. Theo also has soy-free organic chocolate. I can't remember whether I tried it or not but here's the site. Open Original Shared Link Happily I'm only needing dairy-free so I'm back to buying whatever high-quality dark chocolate is on sale and not worrying about the soy lecithin.

Thanks for the info!

Well I made the chocolate. It turned out great! It's really really good and very easy! Now I just need to break some into pieces for some chocolate chunk coconut flour cookies!

Thanks for posting that muffin recipe in the whats for breakfast thread. I didn't even know that coconut flour existed. I bought some after reading that post and I have been making all kinds of stuff. I made blueberry muffins last night. It was my first one in 3 years! So... thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Thanks for the info!

Well I made the chocolate. It turned out great! It's really really good and very easy! Now I just need to break some into pieces for some chocolate chunk coconut flour cookies!

Thanks for posting that muffin recipe in the whats for breakfast thread. I didn't even know that coconut flour existed. I bought some after reading that post and I have been making all kinds of stuff. I made blueberry muffins last night. It was my first one in 3 years! So... thanks!!

I bet no one you know has actually made chocolate! No one I can think of has! This is great!

Skylark Collaborator

Thanks for the info!

Cool! So glad to hear the chocolate turned out. I might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Glad you're enjoying the coconut flour too. I have been really happy with coconut flour baked goods. It's so easy and I love how they turn out.

Archived