zeeclass6

Manischewitz Potato Kugel, Potato Pancake Mix

Rate this topic

Every so often (before going gluten-free) I would make Manischewitz Potato Kugel as a side dish for dinner. Now that I'm gluten-free, I'm not sure whether I can eat this product anymore!

None of the ingredients are gluten, yet the packaging does not say Gluten Free, and this product is not on their Gluten Free list on their website.

So I wrote to then and asked them about it. They told me that although there are no gluten products used in the Kugel mix, they do use gluten in their factory (they didn't specify equipment, lines), so they cannot "guarantee" that it is gluten-free.

Does anyone here eat this stuff and can you tell me if it's OK? I mean, there aren't any gluten ingredients in it at all: Potatoes (contains sulfites to maintain whiteness), onions, vegetable shortening (partially hydroginated cottenseed oil), salt, monocalcium phosphate, sodium bicarbonate, pepper.

The ingredients for the Sweet Potato Pancake and regular Potato Pancake mixes are similar.

Thank you!

Everyone responds to a gluten free product differently. That's why it's so hard for you to get a firm answer.

With no gluten ingredients, I would give it a go. But, that's me. B)

I've eaten it with no problems. I also love the Manischewitz coconut macaroons, which have no gluten ingredients.