This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Coming Off Dairy Products Side Effects?

rgarton

rgarton Contributor

After a year of telling the doctors something was wrong i finally got diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, the highest reaction they had ever seen. Before they told me it was panic and IBS. I could have beaten them up.

So a year has come and gone and i was still having symptoms, after working out i was allergic to soya and tomatoes, something still wasn't right. I was on lacto-free cheese and milk.

I finally found a doctor who listened and told me to stop having lacto-free stuff and have rice milk instead and see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

Its my third day (morning) and yesterday i was slightly constipated but today not so at all. (Before i cut all dairy out it was like mud and mucus all the time.) But now it was fluffy and ragged, will this just take time to adjust? I prefer the mud like BM's!

It's freaking me out. Sorry for the TMI!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

After a year of telling the doctors something was wrong i finally got diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, the highest reaction they had ever seen. Before they told me it was panic and IBS. I could have beaten them up.

So a year has come and gone and i was still having symptoms, after working out i was allergic to soya and tomatoes, something still wasn't right. I was on lacto-free cheese and milk.

I finally found a doctor who listened and told me to stop having lacto-free stuff and have rice milk instead and see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

Its my third day (morning) and yesterday i was slightly constipated but today not so at all. (Before i cut all dairy out it was like mud and mucus all the time.) But now it was fluffy and ragged, will this just take time to adjust? I prefer the mud like BM's!

It's freaking me out. Sorry for the TMI!

Those are actually very good descritions and I am many here totally know what you are talking about regarding BM's.

Take acidophilus or any probiotic. It'll help get things in good shape right quick.

• 2 weeks later...
rgarton Contributor

Oh found out my rice milk contained barley... Coconut milk it is!

Metoo Enthusiast

Oh found out my rice milk contained barley... Coconut milk it is!

I use almond milk and I love it!

I noticed the same thing BMs when cutting out dairy, I am struggling still and tried out gluten-free oats because if it (I seem to be doing fine with them now)..they have helped immensly with BM!

Archived