alucard4545

Celiac Dating Sites?

Rate this topic

I gotta say I'm very disappointed with the fact that there are virtually no dating sites for people following the gluten free lifestyle. Considering the fact that there are millions of us and the fact that today's internet age has dating sites for practically everything, I was expecting to find at least one good one, but I didn't.

Does anyone else share this frustration? I think a Celiac dating site would be another great way to connect with fellow gluten free people and potentially find a gluten free partner.

*If anyone knows of anything that I'm missing, please let me know, I'd appreciate it*

Note: I'm aware of the singles with food allergies website but it isn't as good as it looks, the search to look for locals doesn't seem to work or be very comprehensive, so the site pretty much becomes useless.

• Upvote 1

If you are looking to find people who live a gluten free lifestyle why don't you look for a support group in your area? That would be a starting point. Personally, I would never join an illness related dating site. I am MORE than just a person with celiac. While it is a big part of my life, it doesn't define me. While it may be nice to have a significant other who has the same condition as you it doesn't always work out that way especially if the person and you don't have really anything else in common. This might be why there are not any celiac dating sites. Especially if sites that are broader such as the dating site you mentioned for food allergies have not done well.

If you are looking to find people who live a gluten free lifestyle why don't you look for a support group in your area? That would be a starting point. Personally, I would never join an illness related dating site. I am MORE than just a person with celiac. While it is a big part of my life, it doesn't define me. While it may be nice to have a significant other who has the same condition as you it doesn't always work out that way especially if the person and you don't have really anything else in common. This might be why there are not any celiac dating sites. Especially if sites that are broader such as the dating site you mentioned for food allergies have not done well.

I understand what you're saying and it's an interesting point, but it couldn't hurt to have one available in my opinion. Especially with how celiacs are growing in number and how it's become something of a "trendy" diet.

I understand what you're saying and it's an interesting point, but it couldn't hurt to have one available in my opinion. Especially with how celiacs are growing in number and how it's become something of a "trendy" diet.

I just wanted to say that I've thought about the same thing for years. I think 2 celiac dating sites tried to get up and running but were shut down for whatever reason. I've been working on making one as a hobby for the past 8 months. Hopefully I'll get there but if I had no prior experience for working with websites I'd say there is no way to make anything decent out of it. It's VERY hard work to customise and code certain aspects to build an excellent celiac dating/chatting site (REALLY complex database stuff). I've got quite far but got stuck on some coding issues. Also it must be free to use and I've already spent a lot of money on it. I am determined to get it done eventually though :)

I just wanted to say that I've thought about the same thing for years. I think 2 celiac dating sites tried to get up and running but were shut down for whatever reason. I've been working on making one as a hobby for the past 8 months. Hopefully I'll get there but if I had no prior experience for working with websites I'd say there is no way to make anything decent out of it. It's VERY hard work to customise and code certain aspects to build an excellent celiac dating/chatting site (REALLY complex database stuff). I've got quite far but got stuck on some coding issues. Also it must be free to use and I've already spent a lot of money on it. I am determined to get it done eventually though :)

Well it's great to see someone trying and being productive. Good luck with it.

Thinking about it another way, if there aren't any good celiac dating sites, that means that everyone with celiac is on a non-celiac dating site. If they are on a dating site that is. And for exactly that reason, they couldn't find a good celiac specific site. So your search on a regular dating site may work better than expected. Just a thot.

My experience with celiac dating sites has been that their undoing is always the same: they all lack the critical mass of members. For example, I

Thinking about it another way, if there aren't any good celiac dating sites, that means that everyone with celiac is on a non-celiac dating site. If they are on a dating site that is. And for exactly that reason, they couldn't find a good celiac specific site. So your search on a regular dating site may work better than expected. Just a thot.

Speaking of the non-celiac sites, I often wonder why it is even necessary to have celiac-only dating sites when there are mainstream sites that could work just as well. If your profile includes the word celiac or gluten, then searches on one of those words will find your profile.

• Upvote 1