Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel85

Sulphites

I noticed a while ago (pre coeliac diagnosis) that certain drinks make me really, really thirsty and make me wee a lot, like every 5 minutes. Coeliac diagnosis came along and when I was checking labels, I noticed that these products all say "contains sulphites".

I'm keen to know if anyone els ehas ever noticed a similar thing with sulphites. I'm obviously going to stop drinking the drinks, but was wondering how easy it is to cut sulphites out of my diet completely. And what should I even look for on labels?

**Life isn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I can't tolerate any item that ends in -ite or -ate along with basically anything that is added to food to preserve it. During a six month strict elimination diet I was eating only whole foods and have now given up processed foods for the most part...hoping with healing I'll be able to eat some items again one day.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)