jdizzle

Weird Gluten Withdrawal Symptom?

Rate this topic

I quit gluten 5-6 weeks ago, with one accidental injestion in that time. To be honest I'm a little underwhelmed with the results. My 'bathroom life' is 100% improved! and I don't feel feeble or gross in the stomach anymore. But I was really hoping for more energy! I started getting really bad insomnia last week and though it's not as bad now, I still take hours to fall asleep when I go to bed, no matter how tired I am. At the same time I started getting a weird sensation in my face, like a pressure/heaviness/tiredness behind, above or around me left eye. It's really annoying because I have really low energy, probably from the insomnia, and the fact that my eye always feels like it's drooping and wants to close makes me feel even tireder. Is it likely this is related to quitting gluten? the face thing is freaking me out, it's been several days now, it's constantly coming and going. Sorry I hope it makes sense! it's just like the top left quarter of my face feels heavy! (I also had back pain the last few days, I thought it could be a posture/nerve problem, but the pain is gone and weird eye feeling remains).

Oh goodness! I've been off gluten for one week now and I have experienced a few different things...but mostly just my stomach feeling a little better. I have insomnia already and have to take medication for sleep... :blink:

I'm not expecting to see any results this soon though... I sure hope that will go away for you!