jenn42

Ken's Dressing Are Gluten Free

Rate this topic

With all the research I am doing I haven't seen anyone mention Kens Dressings. A good friend of mine works for Kens and he mentioned to me that all of their dressings are gluten free. That's great to know. I will still check labels for sure!

Yes! they are :)

and so is Sweet Baby Ray's--which is made by Ken's foods.

http://www.kensfoods.com/glutenstatement.php

but yes, reading labels is always good practice! :)

I didn't realize Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ was gluten free. It has tamarind and natural flavorings in it. Are both of those ok? I'm still learning, so maybe I'm mistaken. I thought I read somewhere to be careful with tamarind and natural flavorings?

I didn't realize Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ was gluten free. It has tamarind and natural flavorings in it. Are both of those ok? I'm still learning, so maybe I'm mistaken. I thought I read somewhere to be careful with tamarind and natural flavorings?

Tamarind is safe as far as I know.

"Natural flavors" means many things, yes, but if the product contains WHEAT, the product will list that. You have to train yourself to read for rye, barley, malt, oats--if not certifed gluten-free) and to know what are wheat derivatives.

The company's statement is that SBR's BBQ sauce is Gluten Free.

here is an unsafe food ingredients list:

http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

Do you/does your friend know if that includes the single serving dressings that restaurants have for take out? I have a wonderful gluten-free pizza joint near me that also sells gluten-free chicken fingers, wings, and such. The owner wasn't able to confirm if the single serving Ken's Blue Cheese cups were gluten-free (he ran the code on them). I know Ken's bottles of blue cheese are gluten-free but wondered if it was the same for these.

I was told that the Ken's dressing packets are gluten free except for the Asian dressings.

• Upvote 2

Dressings that have soy sauce in them will indicate (wheat, soybeans) in the ingredients list.

So, you will have to avoid those bottles with wheat-filled soy sauce.

Avoid soybeans??

No, I meant avoid THOSE BOTTLES WITH WHEAT in them. Maybe I was unclear--sorry, I'll edit my post for clarify. :)

I was giving an example of what it would say if it had soy sauce in it, which almost always has wheat in it.

If you want a wheat-free soy sauce, use SanJ Tamari gluten-free .

http://www.san-j.com/product_info.asp?id=3