jenn42

ADHD Medications

Rate this topic

I called the manufacturer that makes my daughter's Vyvanse to ask them if the capsule is gluten free. She explained to me that the ingredients seem to be gluten free, but the company hasn't officially tested this capsule to be gluten free. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Thank you.

It's a cover your butt statement. They don't want to claim that the medication is gluten free because they have not tested it to prove that it is gluten free. But they did state that the ingredients are gluten free. I found the ingredients on the vyanse website and they are What are the ingredients in Vyvanse?

Active Ingredient: lisdexamfetamine dimesylate

Inactive Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose,

croscarmellose sodium, and magnesium stearate.The

capsule shells (imprinted with NRP104) contain gelatin,

titanium dioxide, and 1 or more of the following: D&C Red

#28, D&CYellow #10, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Green #3, and

FD&C Red #40.The capsule shells (imprinted with S489)

contain gelatin, titanium dioxide, and one or more of the

following: FD&C Red #3, FD&CYellow #6, FD&C Blue #1,

Black Iron Oxide, and Yellow Iron Oxide.

I don't see anything that contains gluten. For me, that is safe enough because I need the medication and it doesn't have any gluten ingredients, so I deem it safe for me. I haven't had any problems taking the medication either.

Food dyes? In an ADHD medication??? Looks gluten-free but my goodness that makes no sense! My brother was on the Feingold diet as a kid and food dyes would set him into a tizzy.

Food dyes? In an ADHD medication??? Looks gluten-free but my goodness that makes no sense! My brother was on the Feingold diet as a kid and food dyes would set him into a tizzy.

Yeah I don't get it either. The 70mg capsules are dark blue and bright orange. I don't know why they couldn't have ommited them.

Sheesh. Maybe it's to be sure you keep needing the pills. :P If you find the dyes troublesome you could look into having a compounding pharmacy make you some plain capsules.