Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


Join eNewsletter


Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):



Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nettiebeads

I Messed Up

Recommended Posts

:( Yesterday was the first time in weeks after being accidentally glutenated by my husband that I felt like my old self. So last night I was transferring non gluten-free pasta salad into a bowl to take to my mother while talking on the phone and got some of the stuff on my fingers and absentmindedly licked them. TWICE!!! It was just as I was doing it the second time that I realized what I had done. All I could think was D**N D**N D**N D**N!!!! I KNOW BETTER!!! Where a lot of posters here seem to know right away when they've ingested something wrong, my system gives me just a little abdominable pain, then the crabbies :angry: , then 24-28 hours later the D :o . Then comes the brain fog and crushing fatigue that can last up to two weeks. GRRR. I've been celiac disease for nine years now, you would think I would know to be more careful. Just goes to show how aware one has to be at all times. Anyhow, I just wanted everyone, especially the newbies, not to feel bad when they've accidentally ingested something wrong.

gluten-free since Oct 1996

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


That sucks! I would just make other people eat what we eat-the pastas we've tried are very good-I have a tendency to lick my figers when cooking also! eyes: I was stupid the other night at a birthday party-It was at my neighbors and my son and husband went back home I stayed and ate a piece of cake thinking it was worth it to deal with being sick for 2 days-never again!! I was tough in not letting Robbie have any so I don't know why I ate a piece-maybe it's because I was not actually diagnosed with celiac ( I guess I'm in denial)-the blood test was negative at the time-the gluten-free diet works for me though so I'm just going to go with it! I also seem to lose my temper easily when I'm not gluten-free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That sucks! I would just make other people eat what we eat-the pastas we've tried are very good-I have a tendency to lick my figers when cooking also! eyes: I was stupid the other night at a birthday party-It was at my neighbors and my son and husband went back home I stayed and ate a piece of cake thinking it was worth it to deal with being sick for 2 days-never again!! I was tough in not letting Robbie have any so I don't know why I ate a piece-maybe it's because I was not actually diagnosed with celiac ( I guess I'm in denial)-the blood test was negative at the time-the gluten-free diet works for me though so I'm just going to go with it! I also seem to lose my temper easily when I'm not gluten-free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my husband is now thinking of going gluten-free, except for his "real" bread and flour tortillas, just to make it easier on me :rolleyes: I remember the first few months of going gluten-free - it was hard. I remember eating something wrong just because I wanted it. Then I decided all the extra time I got to spend in the bathroom wasn't worth it. After that the gluten-free became easier - one look at the non-gluten-free item and I would get a flashback to time on the toilet and that PAINFUL gas :ph34r: . Talk about negative association!!! BTW, your son is adorable!


gluten-free since Oct 1996

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites