This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vitamins

GFmom144

GFmom144 Newbie

Can anyone recommend a good kids multi vitamin that is 100% gluten free? I had one a days bugs bunny but when I called they said the same thing as flinstones that they can not guarntee that it is 100% gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

merjill Newbie

I like Smartypants Vitamins. Only problem is they don't have iron.

Esther Sparhawk Contributor

We use Yummy Bears vitamins. They have a multivitamin and other supplements.

Vitafusion says it's gluten-free, but my daughter is super-sensitive. She got sick one day right after we started her on Vitafusion, so we haven't used them since. It could've been something non-vitamin-related that made her sick, but there's no way to know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Brooke123
    Newest Member
    Brooke123
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Tanner L
      Constantly! I don't want everything to cost as much as a KIND bar, as great as they are.  Happy most of the info is available to us to make smart decisions for our health, just need to do a little more research. 
    • Scott Adams
      Be sure to keep eating gluten daily until all testing is completed.  Here is more info about how to do a gluten challenge for a celiac disease blood panel, or for an endoscopy: and this recent study recommends 4-6 slices of wheat bread per day:    
    • Scott Adams
      You can always to the gluten challenge later, after your pregnancy, should you need a formal diagnosis. I think it's best to play it safe in this case.
    • Jesmar
      Very true. I also suffered from candidiasis which had affected my intestines and toes. I think this might have triggered my gluten intolerance/celiac.
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum community, @Jesmar! The HLA DQ2 and DQ8 genes were the original halotypes identified with the potential to develop celiac disease. Since then, other genes have been discovered that apparently afford a predisposition to celiac disease. As is always the case, these new discoveries are not yet common knowledge and not yet widely dispersed in the medical community. It is not genetically as black and white as we once thought.