Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

giggleburger

I Added Back My First Food That Bugged Me, And It Wasn't A Gluten Product!

Double drat...oh you already tripled the DRAT - with good reason...sorry you lost dairy again. I seem to be ok with some dairy (milk, cream, butter), but not cheese and yogurt - strange puzzles we are.

DRAT alright! I handle cheese, yogurt and little butter but not milk/cream;;; it is a strange immune disorder that we all suffer. Biggest lesson is that we are all different.

If it were me, I would do a couple of re-tries of food before crossing it off fully. Maybe you caught a bug going around, maybe there was mold on your cheese that doesn't agree with you, maybe the packaging for the quinoa is fairly unique and you're reacting to that, maybe there was CC you didn't know about...there's a lot of possibilities. Washing it well sounds like a good idea for any food, especially when doing an elimination diet. I would also wait awhile before re-trying a food too, just in case there's lingering effects of eating it.

Course, I haven't tried an elimination diet for myself yet, and I'm too weak-willed to until I've been gluten-free for at least a year, so don't trust my advice.