Jeanne819

What Can I Eat?

Rate this topic

I feel lost and sad. I haven't been tested for celiac yet, but will be soon. I know I can't tolerate gluten, oats, most or all forms of soy (especially soy lecithin), dairy, possibly corn. Most gluten free products contain brown rice which is also toxic for me. I think eggs hurt me too. I'm almost vegan. I don't know where to turn for help. I do like many fruits, vegetables and quinoa but am getting tired of the same thing. I'm really struggling... Then cheating... I've never done a forum before and hope I'm doing this right. Where does everyone find encouragement for the withdrawl symptoms, recipe suggestions, any support is appreciated. I feel like I'm drowning! Also, I'm a step-mom to two teenagers. The rest of my household eats everything I can't. Thank you :)

Keep going with the natural things, like fruits and veggies. But look into alternative flours and things like that. Are beans okay? Add those in. Garbanzo beans can be made into a flour, and of course hummus. While other beans can be added to quinoa or eaten by themselves.

Amaranth, potato, almond, and Sorghum flour are just some of the gluten free flours. Look for some gluten free and vegan cookbooks. The vegan ones you just have to learn to substitute flours and such.

You can also make smoothies with the fruit, some juice, and a little honey.

Mainly, if you have tons of issues stay away from pre-made guten free products and make your own.

Welcome to the board. Please be aware that you can not be tested for celiac if you are already gluten free. If you are now low or no gluten you need to get back on gluten for a while before you test.