rgarton

Hot Flushes?

Rate this topic

On my doctors advice i gave up lacto-free milk and started rice milk, little did i know it contained barley, so after two days i switched to coconut milk, which i nice enough. I had a few symptoms of course, and today is pretty bad, but it's very unusual for me today as usually i'm one of the coldest people I've ever met, but today i feel hot and uncomfortabel, ive checked my temp but am fine normal temp, but to touch i feel hot...

Does anyone else get this?

Thanks for any info!

On my doctors advice i gave up lacto-free milk and started rice milk, little did i know it contained barley, so after two days i switched to coconut milk, which i nice enough. I had a few symptoms of course, and today is pretty bad, but it's very unusual for me today as usually i'm one of the coldest people I've ever met, but today i feel hot and uncomfortabel, ive checked my temp but am fine normal temp, but to touch i feel hot...

Does anyone else get this?

Thanks for any info!

I get hot flushes a lot. I've noticed I will get one about 2 hours after eating, every single time. I think it has to do with something in the digestive process, but I don't know what? I also get them at night. I don't think they are menopause either.

I hope this resolves for you. It's kind of unsettling when it happens.

Yes I get this when glutened. Gluten was pushing me into a premature menopause, now reversed. I had really bad hot flushes, and felt pretty hot all the time until I went gluten free. The flushes went away really quickly, along with my periods restarting. Now I am back to my normal "cold" self. If I get mildly glutened I feel my body's internal thermostat start to rise again, but I never have a high temperature as such, and it goes away again within a couple of days once I feel better generally.

I wonder if this issue is linked to gluten-induced thyroid problems? I am sub-clinically hypothyroid, and my thyroid levels were worse while I was eating gluteny foods.

Interesting. I've always been verrrrry sensitive to the heat. Since I was young. If it was the slightest bit hot, id feel really uncomfortable. Id get dizzy, have headaches, feel nauseous. My fan is on all year round. I get hot really easily. I don't know if it has anything to do with gluten, but I find it interesting anyway. I would open the window in the car and my family would be like "you CAN'T be hot!"...I'm still very new to the idea of gluten possibly being the cause of my issues so I haven't paid attention to this specifically...maybe ill test it out.