Jetamio

Hungry!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. I posted last week about being grouchy as I came off gluten. That is mostly gone but the last couple of days I can't seem to get full! I'm eating really clean, whole foods and I am eating enough but I'm not satisfied. It's like I'm a bottomless pit. Any tips on getting through this? The really weird thing is I'm craving meat (I'm vegan). I get enough protein but could it be related to my iron levels? I'm on a iron supplement because my levels are so low. I certainly don't need to gain weight - I actually need to lose about 30 pounds.

Thanks a bunch!

Jetamio

What you're going through is normal for the process. I'm going through the same thing ~~~ it lasts a while. Hungry, bottomless pit. My body is screaming for protein --- very LOUDLY! I'm having issues with eating lots & then getting weak, shaky & "out there" an hour to 1.5 hrs. after eating. The members have told me I need more protein & fat & less carbs & especially less fast carbs. And I need to gain weight but it isn't happening yet.

Hi everyone. I posted last week about being grouchy as I came off gluten. That is mostly gone but the last couple of days I can't seem to get full! I'm eating really clean, whole foods and I am eating enough but I'm not satisfied. It's like I'm a bottomless pit. Any tips on getting through this? The really weird thing is I'm craving meat (I'm vegan). I get enough protein but could it be related to my iron levels? I'm on a iron supplement because my levels are so low. I certainly don't need to gain weight - I actually need to lose about 30 pounds.

I've been going through the same thing. After being vegetarian for 10+ years for ethical reasons, I finally decided to start eating meat again. I have found that I feel much better when I eat meat; my body seems to need it. However, I do understand the moral qualms that make this decision difficult, and of course it's completely your choice. If you do start eating meat, there's a good chance that you will actually lose weight. I have seen it happen in myself (though I am thin anyway) and also in overweight family members.

I'm noticed the blood sugar too! It's like I'm burning through stuff really quick and getting over the top cranky if I don't eat. I actually woke up hungry this morning and that never happens. Today is day seven. I'm feeling ok - my sinus stuff is almost gone now and today, the last thing in the world I wanted was my morning coffee. Coming from someone who drinks way too much coffee, it feels weird to have the unfinished cup next to my computer.