Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVR1962

Nueropathy

Caroline, I take Solary brand calcium citrate 1000 mg (4 tabs daily), split (2+2) before breakfast and before dinner. Now brand magnesium citrate 500 mg (3 tabs daily) split after each meal. Sundown brand potassium 595 mg twice a day.

Are you having flinching/muscle stiffness issues? I also take a manganese.

Hey Annette. Thanks for this. Really useful. I was taking a load of calcium/mag/pot before but stopped taking them as I felt like i was messing a bit with my electrolyte balancing. If things don't get better soon on the twitching, stiffness, aching front I might start them up again with these dosages. I used to take slow release potassium which worked very well for me but that was whilst I had intestines like a high speed train! Wondering if I need all of this now or just some of them?

Hey Annette. Thanks for this. Really useful. I was taking a load of calcium/mag/pot before but stopped taking them as I felt like i was messing a bit with my electrolyte balancing. If things don't get better soon on the twitching, stiffness, aching front I might start them up again with these dosages. I used to take slow release potassium which worked very well for me but that was whilst I had intestines like a high speed train! Wondering if I need all of this now or just some of them?

My system is pretty sensative so I normally go on or off something gradually. Are you taking in any anti-oxidants (D, E, A, B, beta-caratine) to help with your liver function? I recall you feeling like your liver was congested. I was reading yesterday about the important functions of anti-oxidants for our liver and found it very interesting. I had recently taken these out of my diet because of the problems I was having with my kidneys but all have a very important roll so I am going top add a little back in.

As far as amount of potassium and magnesium.....I was taking more potassium 6 months ago and even now if I am working in the yard where I have to grip and use my muscles a bit I will get cramps in the muscles so I may have to up that amount.

Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

My system is pretty sensative so I normally go on or off something gradually. Are you taking in any anti-oxidants (D, E, A, B, beta-caratine) to help with your liver function? I recall you feeling like your liver was congested. I was reading yesterday about the important functions of anti-oxidants for our liver and found it very interesting. I had recently taken these out of my diet because of the problems I was having with my kidneys but all have a very important roll so I am going top add a little back in.

As far as amount of potassium and magnesium.....I was taking more potassium 6 months ago and even now if I am working in the yard where I have to grip and use my muscles a bit I will get cramps in the muscles so I may have to up that amount.

I'm not taking anything at the mo so recommendations for multivit/mineral with nothing else added would be really helpful... or perhaps just an anti-oxidant mix you mention above! Thank you Annette!