Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVR1962

Nueropathy

Caroline, I take Solary brand calcium citrate 1000 mg (4 tabs daily), split (2+2) before breakfast and before dinner. Now brand magnesium citrate 500 mg (3 tabs daily) split after each meal. Sundown brand potassium 595 mg twice a day.

Are you having flinching/muscle stiffness issues? I also take a manganese.

Hey Annette. Thanks for this. Really useful. I was taking a load of calcium/mag/pot before but stopped taking them as I felt like i was messing a bit with my electrolyte balancing. If things don't get better soon on the twitching, stiffness, aching front I might start them up again with these dosages. I used to take slow release potassium which worked very well for me but that was whilst I had intestines like a high speed train! Wondering if I need all of this now or just some of them?

Hey Annette. Thanks for this. Really useful. I was taking a load of calcium/mag/pot before but stopped taking them as I felt like i was messing a bit with my electrolyte balancing. If things don't get better soon on the twitching, stiffness, aching front I might start them up again with these dosages. I used to take slow release potassium which worked very well for me but that was whilst I had intestines like a high speed train! Wondering if I need all of this now or just some of them?

My system is pretty sensative so I normally go on or off something gradually. Are you taking in any anti-oxidants (D, E, A, B, beta-caratine) to help with your liver function? I recall you feeling like your liver was congested. I was reading yesterday about the important functions of anti-oxidants for our liver and found it very interesting. I had recently taken these out of my diet because of the problems I was having with my kidneys but all have a very important roll so I am going top add a little back in.

As far as amount of potassium and magnesium.....I was taking more potassium 6 months ago and even now if I am working in the yard where I have to grip and use my muscles a bit I will get cramps in the muscles so I may have to up that amount.

My system is pretty sensative so I normally go on or off something gradually. Are you taking in any anti-oxidants (D, E, A, B, beta-caratine) to help with your liver function? I recall you feeling like your liver was congested. I was reading yesterday about the important functions of anti-oxidants for our liver and found it very interesting. I had recently taken these out of my diet because of the problems I was having with my kidneys but all have a very important roll so I am going top add a little back in.

As far as amount of potassium and magnesium.....I was taking more potassium 6 months ago and even now if I am working in the yard where I have to grip and use my muscles a bit I will get cramps in the muscles so I may have to up that amount.

I'm not taking anything at the mo so recommendations for multivit/mineral with nothing else added would be really helpful... or perhaps just an anti-oxidant mix you mention above! Thank you Annette!