This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Let's Talk About Poop For A Minute.

frenchiemama

jessika393 Rookie

I keep baby wipes in a baggie in my purse. I bring 'em in with me when I go to the bathroom. It really works- and now if can't go w/o them- or I can tell the difference- it's like my butt is actually complaining if I don't use them!! Who knew your butt could have a preference! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mustang Newbie
If you've been mostly gluten-free since August there's a pretty good chance your bloodtests will come back negative even if you have celiac disease. You need to be eating it everyday for about 3 months before taking the tests.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rachel,

Doctor's office called yesterday...blood tests were negative for celiac. I asked about needing to eat gluten until the day of the biopsy...answer is yes. I hope that I have enough time from Nov. 22 to January 15 to eat a good amt. for the biopsies to be accurate. B) Good thing is that I have planned/made a list of all the things/places I want to eat between now and then. This a.m. I had chocolate donuts for the first time in months. Did your blood test show negative results? Do you think that it is pretty common for the blood test to be negative, but the biopsy be positive? From what I understand, the biopsy is the definitive answer...is that what you understand, too?

Thanks for your input...really appreciated. :D

• 12 years later...
Jo Ann Wulf Newbie
On 8/30/2005 at 6:49 PM, Wandering Hermit said:

Well ever since going gluten-free I go once a day, and it happens about 30 mins after my morning coffee, and when the need strikes, it is a very urgent one. Better go or else!

But about 1/10 days, I am constipated for the day and go later in the afternoon.

Usually the constipated days it is a more normalish stool. In the AM, when it is urgent, it tends to be loose and kind of messy.

Something else is that the messy ones require a lot of TP and that in turns irritates the skind down there and it itches all day!!! Horrible! My doc said I dont have hemmorhoids but it sure hurts down there. I have found that using water to clean up helps.

Throught research online I found coffee contains a protein bean and  celiac reacts the same as it dose to gluten. I have switched to hot tea in the morning and have no problem with my bowels after drinking tea.

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, Jo Ann Wulf said:

Throught research online I found coffee contains a protein bean and  celiac reacts the same as it dose to gluten. I have switched to hot tea in the morning and have no problem with my bowels after drinking tea.

1 hour ago, Jo Ann Wulf said:

Try to get your info from reliable sources.  That coffee myth is not true.  

Open Original Shared Link

"There is not yet reliable data about cross-reactivity. As for the alleged possibility that many gluten-free foods or drinks (such as coffee, milk, orange juice, etc.) would trigger symptoms in celiac individuals due to hidden antigens mimicking gluten or cross-reacting with anti-gluten antibodies, it must be clearly stated that this is all false information, devoid of any scientific basis, and must be rejected as untrue."

Ennis-TX Grand Master
6 hours ago, Jo Ann Wulf said:

First off old post, second off coffee does not cross react or any of that BS. You probably bought contaminated coffee -_-. Oddly this happens more so then you would think with off brand companies, companies that do flavors, and instant ones.  Look up christopherbean coffee, great flavored blends etc all gluten free. We had a huge rant for over a month about the whole coffee aspect last year...please feel free to look up that.

Archived