Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lauradawn

Mustard Bran....

Im beginning to question if I have an allergy to mustard bran. Im not even sure what it is, but although never noticing it before, have had 2 occassions in the past month where i Have had some kind of reaction that is a definate response to something. within about 30 min my face gets really really flushed, and I just in general feel really bad. The first time I thought I had actually gotten gluten. But it happened again yest with a different product that is gluten-free but the only common ingredient between the 2 is the mustard bran. Mustard flour seems to be ok. I guess. Does anyone have any ideas???

I know sounds kind of crazy :P

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Guest Margawitty

This is quite interesting! My girlfriend Andrea who is a celiac has had a gluten-esque (but not as severe) to mustard on a few occasions. On the occasions it has occured she has only had a VERY small amount of the mustard. On one of the occasions it was a mustard that was DEFINATELY 100% gluten free, yet she still had a reaction. I am going to go check the ingrediant labels now for this mustard bran!

Emmy

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

See the little search box with the magnifying glass?  Just query “migraines” and you will find lots of members with comparable migraine symptoms.  😊
    Thank you very much for that info, yes I am awaiting a test but was just looking for some reassurance in the meantime really and to you know if anybody else has similar symptoms. Thank you x
    Welcome! There are over 200 symptoms attributed to celiac disease. Migraines are one of them as celiac disease is systemic (not just gut issues).   The only way to find out is to get tested.  Ask your PCP for a simple blood test: ...