youwillrise

Greetings

Rate this topic

hello all! I don't usually do intros, but I figure...what the heck?! I am from new york (not nyc lol). I haven't been diagnosed with celiac or any gluten sensitivity (yet anyway...we'll see what test results show), but I'm here and I'm glad I am. I actually had about 9 million vials of blood drawn today and they'll test for a variety of things (which is *supposed* to include celiac) I've been searching through this forum for days. It's been great. So whether I end up having celiac or not, I might just hang around. ; )

Anyway...

Shake it up, rock it out, break it down.

Welcome riser! Please make sure & post your test results when you get them. There are those on here who can interpret them quite well as they are very knowledgeable on the subject.

Here's hoping you find the answers you are seeking in your 9 million vials of blood.cool.gif

Hello back and welcome! :D

hello all! I don't usually do intros, but I figure...what the heck?! I am from new york (not nyc lol). I haven't been diagnosed with celiac or any gluten sensitivity (yet anyway...we'll see what test results show), but I'm here and I'm glad I am. I actually had about 9 million vials of blood drawn today and they'll test for a variety of things (which is *supposed* to include celiac) I've been searching through this forum for days. It's been great. So whether I end up having celiac or not, I might just hang around. ; )

Anyway...

Shake it up, rock it out, break it down.

Hello..and welcome! It's crazy how many vials of blood they can take when doing tests. I figured if I wasn't anemic when they started..I should have been by the time they were done? :lol:

I hope the tests give you the answrs you need.

Welcome!

I hope you get answers from the mass blood draw...as others mention - if you have questions post the results here -- many can explain the results better than some medical personnel (especially primary docs and nurses -- even some GIs that don't specialize in Celiac can be less than helpful).

Good luck to you on finding an answer to improve your health!

Thanks for the welcome, all! I'm hoping for (and expecting) the best. I will be sure to post my results. I got my blood drawn by a hematologist, so hoooopefully he knows how to read and interpret the results. I guess we'll see? : p.

I'm thinking of starting a gluten free diet as a test to see if it helps any...I know it'll take time once I start the gluten free. I wanted to wait until after I got the blood drawn before I started and now that I have...I think ill give it a shot.

Or...do you guys suggest I wait until after I get results?

Thanks for the welcome, all! I'm hoping for (and expecting) the best. I will be sure to post my results. I got my blood drawn by a hematologist, so hoooopefully he knows how to read and interpret the results. I guess we'll see? : p.

I'm thinking of starting a gluten free diet as a test to see if it helps any...I know it'll take time once I start the gluten free. I wanted to wait until after I got the blood drawn before I started and now that I have...I think ill give it a shot.

Or...do you guys suggest I wait until after I get results?

IMO you should wait for the results of the tests before going gluten-free if you think they'll want to do an endoscope. They want you to be consuming gluten to get a good biopsy.

If you think you won't be getting a scope..go ahead and go gluten-free.

Be aware that 20-30% of us test negative in the blood work, but have positive biopsies when scoped. If you think it would be hard to stay on the diet without that biopsy DX..stay on gluten, but ask to have the scope scheduled ASAP.

I second Bubba's Mom -- I misread your original post and thought you had already had an endoscopy.

If there is a chance you will be considering having an endoscopy, do not stop eating gluten until after that is complete.

Welcome! I was just diagnosed with celiac on February 22nd. I was in shock when I went for the first blood work and they took all those vials. Then even more shocked after I was diagnosed with celiac and they took more blood to check my iron, vitamin levels, etc. Never had so much blood taken in my life.

Keep us posted on the results.

I third those suggestions.

Yeah, they're also checking iron and other vitamins/minerals...I'm sure other things, too. Ill wait for the results before I make any changes. Thanks for the help!